lowered 50mm.... wat ya guys think?

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Finaly got rid of monster truck suspension.... 'tis lowered 50mm on cobra springs/shocks .... handles loads better now .... next on the list are weitec anti roll bars and an S3 strut brace.... handling will be sorted then ....... let me now what you think...

cheers dudes
DSC00393.jpg

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Looks really nice mate!!! i like lowered cars but the only problem is that now you have to watch speed bumps and steep hills in car parks and dont have too many people in the back!!:doh:, Been there done that wont do it again!! Nice wheels too :p

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
thanks for all your replies guys...i do get quite a bit of exhaust knocking if i got people in the back.... but i very rarely have ppl in the back..... was thinkin of a metal sump guard .... dont know where to get one from tho?? i only paid £240 for the wheels with 4 nearly new michelin pilots... bargain i thot...... never seen these TT wheels on a leon before so, its a bit different to most. .... someone on here(no names mentioned) said it wud look like a ''chavvy nova'' lowered 50mm on the 17's .... i certainly hope it doesnt .... or i will kill myself lol :cry:

Nautilus

Dec 9, 2006
Bucharest, Romania
1. Aluminum plate sump guard, made by SEAT from 10mm thick aluminum, is ~EUR 400 at the stealers. Given the size and thick aluminum, it must weigh a ton also

2. Lowering by 50mm is a risky attempt - on Mk IV platform it's recommended to lower by 1-1.5 inches maximum, otherwise the roll center will be dropped too much and steering effort will increase

~Nautilus

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Very nice.
Did you need a new sway bar?

Thanks... i like the way it looks.... not many people attempt lowering past 35 - 40mm....

nope... i didnt need a new sway bar....

i dont have any problems with it at all.... i do have to take speed bumps slow but that doesnt bother me...

and it handles rather well!!

Danzibar9

DERV POWER
Jan 8, 2008
South Oxfordshire
Looks ok to me. Not chavvy at all. Would only look Chavvy if you had dodgy wheels from halfrauds and didnt lower it!!! It looks very subtle and OEM. I have 18" Audi RS6 rims and coilovers so ive lowered about 50mm or more. It does catch on the driveshaft a little when turning on full lock and speeds bumps have to be taken VERY slow. I bet you get the bug now and want to fit spacers etc. Good luck and happy modding

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Looks ok to me. Not chavvy at all. Would only look Chavvy if you had dodgy wheels from halfrauds and didnt lower it!!! It looks very subtle and OEM. I have 18" Audi RS6 rims and coilovers so ive lowered about 50mm or more. It does catch on the driveshaft a little when turning on full lock and speeds bumps have to be taken VERY slow. I bet you get the bug now and want to fit spacers etc. Good luck and happy modding

Very nice, just watch those speed bumps mate

Thanks for your comments guys.... i like it anyway..... alot of peeps on here tell you not to lower past 30-35mm .... but i just thought f**k it and went with 50mm cuz i like low cars.......

i will be fitting spacers... dont know wat size ones tho:confused: maybe just 10mm ones...
i will be getting the bump strips colour coded next... gona keep it subtle and clean.... and i take those speed bumps very slow...but that doesnt bother me