Lowering Springs Advice

Klang J

Apr 15, 2006
I remeber years ago am sure I read something that if you fit aftermarket lowering springs to standard shocks, you are going to ruin your suspension is some way. Is this true?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
yes sooner or later your standard shocks will leak ect

the lower you go on standard shocks the more abuse your giving them!

G!zmond0

Standard shocks suck real bad.You need to buy whole new set if you wwant to make a difference.
bilstein is the best choice for me

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Define expensive? Awesome GTI have the Koni Sports Kit for £305 so it's not that bad.

Technically you could run the springs with standard shocks for a while, but then you'd have to pay labour charges twice as you'd have to replace the shocks at some point anyway, so you might as well get new shocks that are matched to the springs and get it done in one go.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
aimez coilovers arethe complete units shocks and springs built up already just simply fit ;)

lowering springs are a cheap alternative but springs and uprated shocks are goodforthe folk that just want the handing improved but if you want both then coilovers are defo the winners!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
To confuse matters you can get shorter springs that are matched with dampers so you don't knacker them... Personally I'd rather go for a decent set of springs and dampers than a crap, but cheap set of coilovers.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Does the Koni Sport kit lower the car by much ?

From Awesome's site...

KONI's product range offers you complete suspension kits consisting of matching springs and dampers. Of course, the lowering is limited to such an extent that the car will still remain suitable for normal street use.
Kit contains 4 Adjustable SPORTS shock absorbers
Most Shock Absorbers are Top Adjustable
Perfectly matched Lowered coil spring Kit to ensure superb handling
Lowers up to 35mm depending on the model
3 year warranty

dex130

Jan 22, 2007
I just bought some koni dampers of ebay im just looking for some matching springs now does anyone know if i will need shortened droplinks as i will only be lowering it 45mm max

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.