Lowering springs?

jakeyhutch

Toledo TSI style advanced
Sep 11, 2015
Bessacarr
Hi all I've not taKen delivery of my toledo yet but I already know I want to put lowering springs on it as they sit a little high for my liking. I've been on briskoda and there's talk of them being able to get springs direct from skoda and therefore not voiding any warranty, so my question is does anyone know it lowering springs can be obtained directly from seat? Thanks guys

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Seat don't offer them as an option, but SKoda offer an approved kit - Unfortunately...

SKoda f**k it up when they fit them - using incorrect springs on at least 2 cars I know of at Briskoda.

The SKoda kit is suitable for the diesel but not the lighter petrol. One car has incorrect front springs , the other has uneven ride height side to side.

You can order the correct parts direct from Eibach for a 30mm drop, or H&R for 35mm, Lowtec can do a 30/40 staggered drop, KW do springs (and coilovers)

I'm sure there are others too.

A lad on Briskoda has just put shorter Ibiza FR struts and lowering springs on a Rapid to go down 60mm, but it's a bit low for me.

Last edited:

jakeyhutch

Sep 11, 2015
Bessacarr
I look like looking elsewhere then lol thank you pal, Ivery just had trouble finding parts for the newer toledo they've obviously got a different image but at 25 I want it to look that bit meaner lol

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yeah there's sod all on the internet for Toledo NH Mk4 but "Skoda Rapid Tuning" is a surprisingly productive Google since almost everything fits the Toledo too.

Also, translating stuff like Exhaust (Auspuff) and Wheels (Felgen) or Tailpipe (Endrohr) into German gives loads more Google results from EU traders.

I haven't had much luck searching in Spanish, but there is a spanish Seat Toledo club site which has tuning and parts section.

Last edited:

jakeyhutch

Sep 11, 2015
Bessacarr
Yeah there's sod all on the internet for Toledo NH Mk4 but "Skoda Rapid Tuning" is a surprisingly productive Google since almost everything fits the Toledo too.

Also, translating stuff like Exhaust (Auspuff) and Wheels (Felgen) or Tailpipe (Endrohr) into German gives loads more Google results from EU traders.

I haven't had much luck searching in Spanish, but there is a spanish Seat Toledo club site which has tuning and parts section.

Haha very clever that pal didn't even think of doing that, all I want really is a boot lip spoiler and lowering springs and perhaps some nice bbs reps

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks buddy what offset do i need to be looking at?

That varies according to the width of the rims, and whether you want to push them out a bit to widen the track and fill the arches. I think the standard wheels are 38 or 43 (probably depending on rim width) but most 8x18 wheels are ET35 (cos they're wider)

This is from a thread on briskoda from a member who fitted ET35 17's to his car.:

Rapid Forums:

Wheel offset?:

Standard on all 17's specified on the current Rapid range (liftback & Spaceback) is ET46 on a 7J rim as far as I'm aware.

ET35's will fit fine and give you 11mm wider track per side on a 7J wheel and 17.35mm on a 7.5J rim.

Many aftermarket suppliers seem to be showing 8Jx17 ET35 rims as suitable for the Rapid range (increased track of 23.71mm per side), but beware of this rim width if using lowering springs as this does place the tyre marginally beyond the front arch which may cause the sidewall to foul the inner arch (particularly what I think are studs securing the wheel arch liner) when the suspension is under compression.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
It depends how much you lower it clearly, because 215/35R18 are practically the same diameter as the standard 215/40R17

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
On Briskoda there are a few Rapids on 18's so it should not be a massive problem.

I'll link later to a car with BBS 18's and 30 front 40 rear drop looks real kwl.

Last edited:

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
SEAT do an approved short spring set for the Ibiza. Would probably fit Toledo as well, as long as the required spring rates are the same.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise