lumpy running and black smoke!!

sapper

Apr 4, 2010
chesterfield, derbyshire
trying to get hold of a diognostic kit by the weekend, but does any one have any ideas/experianced this? it seems to be below 2000rpm and its intermitant its seems to be missing almost, but more freqantly almost all the time when accelerating quite hard there is excesive black smoke, black being fuel im guessing iv got a fueling issue ?? :( :'(

thanks

sapper

Apr 4, 2010
chesterfield, derbyshire
should be, but im in the army and not sure when i can get back to my local dealer. and due to change location v.soon so dont fancy getting work done and have to leave and the car being off the road darn sarf when im heading north :) but i know some one in the workshops with a diognostic kit that will take a look at the weekend, just wondering if any one had experianced it or knew what it was?

Well you'll get the fault light come up to start with, but drive it and see if it's any better with that disconnected, if it is, it needs changing, but definately get that done under warranty, they are about £60 exchange, which I know isnt the end of the world, but if it's under warranty let them pay for it.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
lots of black smoke can be a boost leak...check boost pipes or get the dealer to check for you as it should come out of there in good working order (assuming it was a SEAT dealer)