MAF for pd130 ASZ

Triple D

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had to replace there MAF yet on there PD130? and ifso do they have a cost for them?

According to GAZ JONES the part number is 074 906 416 B or BX but he isnt sure which is which? as one is a new one and one is a part ex one.

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.
Cheers

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Whats up Dan is your sha**ed then? IIRC they were approx £75 exchange the last time I enquired - bx is exchange

Triple D

Well i dunno if it is fooked tbh, suppose i should get a vag com lead and then log it to see shouldnt i. Just after reading your thread made me think, and allards said that my **** rr results may have been caused due to a knackered MAF, but surely that couldnt drop me nearly 30 odd bhp?

Will have to check vag com and then go from there i recon..... and if need be order a new maf :( not this month though as i have enough stuff to get this month....

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
I'm amazed you settled for those figures for so long mate. I would have logged and ruled it out, then you could have asked for the map to be improved upon. Wish I had a spare MAF to slave in just for piece of mind, but Gaz J and me are doing some logs on Sat morning, I can then send to my mapper for piece of mind. Like you spent too much this month with timing belt and new inlet manifold

Triple D

:lol: well had 2 new tyres so far, thats £147, then new rear discs and pads £40 through work, then need some decent front discs and pads, and uprated fuid, so maybe another £250 then a oil change and fitting for discs etc maybe another ton :(

I know what your saying mate about the figures, but Allards dont wanna change it as they recon the turbo will blow, so gonna go through someone else. Richard @ Forge has offered to map my car and also maybe p-torque aswell depending on what they recon they can offer me.

Think i need to get a weekend job though aswell to help fund my lovely little hobby of the car :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
:lol: well had 2 new tyres so far, thats £147, then new rear discs and pads £40, then need some decent front discs and pads, and uprated fuid, so maybe another £250 then a oil change and fitting for discs etc maybe another ton :(

:-o you like last minute braking then:whistle: you have a pm

Triple D

Hmmm was just thinking would i beable to take it back under warranty :whistle:

Jun 28, 2001
sorts out the software glitches /reprogramming the ecu with as build data
and yes if you have got revo it will wipe it out or if it cant be reprogrammed and the cars under warranty then a new ecu will be fitted

Triple D

and yes if you have got revo it will wipe it out or if it cant be reprogrammed and the cars under warranty then a new ecu will be fitted

Oh forget that then, if i lose my mapping my car will be even slower :cry: not gonna have it standard as that will be ****

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004

So is this a recall or jsut for warranty cars and does it wipe all remaps then

gazjones

you needed new rear disks as well dan i need them as well i think look like cheese graters! on etka the price of the excange was about half of a new one so prob 150 for brand new maf which is alot. if performance is down due to maf its been gone along time hope you find out before buying one mate

Triple D

So do i mate, need to log it again though, its been ages since i have done it last.

Aug 21, 2006
:lol: well had 2 new tyres so far, thats £147, then new rear discs and pads £40 through work, then need some decent front discs and pads, and uprated fuid, so maybe another £250 then a oil change and fitting for discs etc maybe another ton :(

I know what your saying mate about the figures, but Allards dont wanna change it as they recon the turbo will blow, so gonna go through someone else. Richard @ Forge has offered to map my car and also maybe p-torque aswell depending on what they recon they can offer me.

Think i need to get a weekend job though aswell to help fund my lovely little hobby of the car :lol:

You could try ChippedUK mate - Mickey is running their map on his Golf and is well chuffed with it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.