Maf not working to it's full potential??

brad1

Evening all :)

I had my AmD remap done today on my lcr, am very pleased with it, torque is nice at 300ftlb, but the bhp is a little disappointing at only 252bhp. She drives much better on the road which is good, but I've been doing a few logs since and only seen a max of 182.75g's. I was getting 178g's on a standard map. I thought it should be 200+g's when mapped. Is this showing my maf is on it's way out or slowly dying??
Any help appreciated :)

brad1

I really doubt I'm gonna gain 15g's-25g's over adaption lol, and nothing wrong with a dynatwist, skorchio (nick) used this at 293bhp ;)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I really doubt I'm gonna gain 15g's-25g's over adaption lol, and nothing wrong with a dynatwist, skorchio (nick) used this at 293bhp ;)

Just pulling your leg mate ;)
The MAF might be on it way but give the map time before you start worrying though,
Nick was running stage 2 and his casing was modded.

brad1

I know you was pulling my leg, as you want to go open cone etc :p lol. I'm gonna buy a new maf anyway tommorow as I get paid tonight, let's hopefully see some more g's hehe :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Brad just leave it alone till it adapt's then, try one thing at a time other wise you'll end up the same as the last one and not now what has caused or fixed the problem

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Brad give the map a couple of day's to adapt.
And get rid of that stupid airfilter :lol:
Seriously that is good advice, the dynatwist doesn't flow well. The guys you refere to had modified thier housings to improve flow. Get a Jetex on there and i'll guarantee you at least 10 g/sec over the dynatwist. Please try this.

brad1

if you run the dynatwist out of its housing it is essentially a green open cone and its still poor. A jetex (8001) flows awesome and is cheap.

Have you got a link to the biggest jetex filter for the LCR then mate :)

brad1

Cheers mate, I didn't realise jetex were that cheap, I'm gonna invest later tonight :)

Witalik

ROTTERDAM FEYENOORD
Dec 28, 2008
Netherlands
sorry for the hijack

but could the maf also be giving up if driving 100 en wanting to accelerate to 140 + with half throttle it is very much hesitating boosting not boosting boosting not boosting...

is it safe to disconnect the maf for a short time and drive ?