maf upgrade

adzer

Dec 16, 2009
i have a 1.8 20v turbo cupra 2005

i see alot of ppl fit lcr mafs as an upgrade, do you just use the housing or the whole maf with a remap?

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
It's only useful if your upgrading to a hybrid turbo. It won't make any difference to the standard turbo.

I asked this years ago, along with upgrading the injector size, but the ko3's don't max out the maf or the injectors, needs more puff to do that.

But if you did then you would need a 3 inch maf, thats the whole unit, don't think it can come apart. Then you would need a larger turbo inlet pipe to suit and a larger diameter air box or branded air filter.

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
When upgrading the MAF due to fitting a bigger turbo (like a hybrid) you fit the sensor from your car (150/180bhp MAF (2.5")) into a LCR/TT/S3 MAF tube (3").

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
To connect to tip, you can either try to stretch on a standard Forge TIP (extremely difficult), or get a reducer to suit.

adzer

Dec 16, 2009
so can i not use the complete lcr maf/sensor on my car when its remapped? reason i ask is coz my ibiza maf is fooked and i'd need to buy the sensor part if the lcr is no use :(

adzer

Dec 16, 2009
thats what i mean, can i not use the complete unit and get car remapped to suit it?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
adzer - is your current MAF saturated with airflow?

If the answer is I don't know, then leave it alone.

If it's not, leave it alone.

adzer

Dec 16, 2009

my original maf is ****ed, so my traction control no longer works and cars just backfiring on gear change.

i have a new lcr maf, all i need to know is if i can use the maf and have the car mapped or if i DO need to use the sensor from the original maf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
What turbo are you fitting to require a larger MAF?

Your answer has already been answered mate, no you cant..

adzer

Dec 16, 2009
K03 hybrid turbo will be fitted along with maf, injectors. induction cone and turbo back exhaust is already fitted.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I didn't know that Revo done a map for a k03 hybrid!!

Best thing to do is ask them what they require then..

adzer

Dec 16, 2009
when i spoke to the guy the map is custom to the car and the mods it has fitted.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.