Manual Leon FR 2.0 FSI, mph per 1000 revs?

beachboy

Mar 28, 2004
I have a DSG Leon FR 2.0 FSI out on test for 24 hours.
Well, my mind was made up after 24 seconds! It is utterly fantastic and I just cannot find a single thing to criticise.
It has superb handling and roadholding thanks to SEAT's excellent suspension design.
I was worried that the sports suspension would be a "filling-rattler" but I find it absolutely perfect on 17 inch wheels.
The performance is excellent and perfect for dealing with dawdlers on Welsh B- roads.
In short it has put back a huge dose of enjoyment into my motoring and my grin has been as wide as the Severn estuary all day. Highly recommended!

Now, all you owners/users with the manual (non DSG) gearbox, can you please tell me what the "mph per 1000 revs in 6th gear" figure is because nobody at SEAT can tell me.
From a rough calculation the equivalent figure for the DSG box Leon FR FSI is about 25 mph per 1000 revs in 6th.
Is the manual version the same or different?
Many thanks.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Handily my passenger was able to take this pic

main.php

beachboy

Mar 28, 2004
DanGB,
Idle curiousity is the answer.

I am thinking of getting the manual gearbox FR TFSI and I would just like to know if the mph per 1000 revs in 6th gear is different from that of the DSG version.

mOrk has given me the correct answer for the FR 2.0 tdi (35 mph per 1000 in 6th).

Can someone please give me the corresponding figure for the manual FR TFSI?
Thanks again.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.