master cylinder repair kit

May 16, 2008
southampton
i know its not a repair kit but if you want to get a bosch brake master you can get them from ferris pistons, motor factors it cost about 65 quid. i stuggled like mad to get one but they do them and its oe bosch..

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
yes still having issues mate, just not into buying a new one for 160 quid when it may just be a bit of rubber thats goosed in the old one!!

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
if there isn't a kit available that is 100% reliable £165 or your life doesn't seem such a huge price! is that motor factors price or main dealer? as Karl has said you can get one for £65 which is decent imo. even if youhave to get it posted to you it's only gonna be £70-75 max

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
If you need a whole cylinder assy try this http://www.brake-eng.com/Bdm_Map/bdm_map.aspx and find ya local supplier etc as they do one at a reasonable rate costs wise so retail out the door be easier

as for spongy i used to have the same problem with the mk2 even with a new master and new calipers that is until i stripped and cleaned the abs module out

no one ever properly flushes the fluid out at all nowadays so it congeals like crazy after a couple of years, bled em over and over ubtil one rear pipe just blocked up solid - new pipe fitted still same ?? stripped and cleaned the abs solenoids all worked dandy .

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
hi flapper i did the abs bleed proceedure but only produced about half a litre out of each front what could be the problem there, also do these cars have abs on rear as i know the golf mk4s do,stripping the abs unit is it simple to do?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
doesn't surprise me as the FL+RR and FR+RL are connected channels for safety in case you get a split pipe/hose at any time

usually why they clog up so easy as the fluid realistically never gets swilled out properly

i prefer doing it a good litre a time through each one with the furthest first the old fashioned way

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise