Matching Shocks with Eibach lowering Springs

bizzaboy

I already have a set of Eibach Pro lowering Springs fitted to my Ibiza.

However I would now like to replace the factory shock absorbers with a set of aftermarket items, that will work well with the Springs.

Is it possible to buy Shock Absorbers that are fully adjustable, so that the ride height can be adjusted, even though I already have the Eibach springs fitted?

For others that fitted shocks with Eibach's, can you please confirm what setup you went for, and how do you find your suspension setup now.
I understand its a little late to go for a complete Coilover kit, as I already have changed the Springs!?

Sorry for all the Q's ! Getting a bit confused over this. Cheers in advance :)

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
standard lowering springs would not fit a coilover type shock absorber as they use a different design of spring to fit the adjustable platform on the shock

either get some eibach non height adjustable shocks to match your springs or its a complete new coilover set up im afraid

bizzaboy

standard lowering springs would not fit a coilover type shock absorber as they use a different design of spring to fit the adjustable platform on the shock

either get some eibach non height adjustable shocks to match your springs or its a complete new coilover set up im afraid

Hi Saul, thankyou very much for your prompt and informative reply. much appreciated.

Hmmm, so it appears the only way to really SORT my suspension (so its sits even lower and neater over the wheels) will be to ultimately lose the Eibach springs I have now and replace with a complete Coilover Kit !?

Pity! but useful to know where I stand (or more to the point, how my car sits)! :D ;)

Cheers and thankyou again Saul.