matts r- t e c h stage2 lcr ( new parts for next stage for car) forged rods :)

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Did oil change at the weekend now booked in for stage 2 Saturday can't wait stage 2 here I come lol

Matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
was down amd saturday geting stage 2 met D.K down there nice meeting him car was very nice the splitter lloked the nutz mate

car made gd power wanted to hit 290bhp and did

car pulls really well only thing power drops right off at 6000rpm witch is strange as use to pull right to 7000rpm goin to see how its is once its adapted. not sure if its the map or something is restrictive makin it not make power in tht rev range

heres the dyno print out

edb2f1f8.jpg

634119b0.jpg

matt

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Nice to meet you too Matt :D
Your car sound pretty good on the roller's [B)]

Give a few days to adapt and it will be even better :D

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
yea does sound nice love the cobra

yea hopin once it adapted it might pull threw the whole rev range as at min u hit 6k and feels like u loss all power or hit the brakes it tht bad.

if doesnt change i might take it back down to amd andsee whts wht as aint sin anyone else with a power drop like tht in the high revs. iv got all the supportin stage 2 mods so cant see anything bein restriktive in high revs.

matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
yea im happy with the peak power should b fine for the standard rods

only thing is the way the powerjust drops alot as soon as it hit 6k use to power really well past 6k up to7k

matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good result mate, nice one :)

On the 6k issue - you haven't got a boost leak have you? What mods have you got can you list them please.

Was just thinking when it's at 6k the boost could be breaking free on a pipe which only does open (like where a split is) at 6k causing pressure loss.. One thing to rule out anyway. Have you replaced the MAF since you've had the car? Could also be N75 faulty.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
no leaks i know of mate and no codes either

mods r cobra cat back
pipewerx 3in dp and 200cell cat
sfs 3in tip
forge 007 yellow spring and shims
custom fmic
upper boost pipe and dv pipe and n75 pipe
n249 bypass
apexi filter
and also run on vpower

never had a drop in power on stage1 at all

no tom never changed any sensors only them mods new plugs and oil chages tht all iv ever done

guys said tht once it adpts it should pull threw to redline no drop in power just found it strange never had tht on stage 1. will give it a week or so and see how it is if no change i might get in contact with them as i guess its the map or something is restrictive and would same they should know moe then me as soon as it get near 6k and over feels like u let off the throttle completly with i fine odd

matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Took the car for spin pulled well still had a drop off of power over 6k when I tried to see how it goes But wasn't as bad as it was at first

Matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah see how it goes over the next few days even a week mate.

If no change give them a call.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Yea goin to see how it goes just seemed odd not sin anyone else with a power drop like tht but does now pull over 6k when was first done it felt like no power was there as soon as it hit 6k it felt like u had lifted off completely

Matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yea goin to see how it goes just seemed odd not sin anyone else with a power drop like tht but does now pull over 6k when was first done it felt like no power was there as soon as it hit 6k it felt like u had lifted off completely

Matt

That is very strange mate and something I've not come across before :confused:

Keep us posted.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Yea not sin it before tht y I thought it was odd goin to see how it is not goin use it tht much these next couple weeks tho.

Checked the engine bay there was no kinks in the boost hoses and does think there any boost leaks can't see it making 295bhp if there was a boost leak.

Thinking about geting a decat now it stage 2 and sensor bin mapped out

Matt

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yea not sin it before tht y I thought it was odd goin to see how it is not goin use it tht much these next couple weeks tho.

Checked the engine bay there was no kinks in the boost hoses and does think there any boost leaks can't see it making 295bhp if there was a boost leak.

Thinking about geting a decat now it stage 2 and sensor bin mapped out

Matt

My decat light comes up and I've got the stage 2 AmD map mate.

Could get it mapped out or just buy the spacer to get rid of it.

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
My light come on with sport cat songot them to map out the sensor when they did stage 2 mate

75 quid for a decat pipe for my pipewerx so not to bad

Matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
Cars back at amd Tuesday to see wht up with it still doesnt pull right over 5500 rpm u can hear the turbo then goes alot quieter and don't pull when u hit just over 5500 rpm can really feel it in 4th and above gears. Pull fine up to 5500rpm but don't feel no different to stage 1 apart from tar problem over 5500 rpm as was fine on stage 1. Hopefully they can sort it out for me as I'm disappointed with stage 2 at the min

Matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
went down amd today for them to check the car they pluged it in and took it for a test run all the reading were spot on it boosting as it should and geting the bosst wht its asking for. the power drop he recons is something abit restictive the exhaust or the front mount as the map doin as it should but if i find it geting worse to take it back to them again.

so goin to try a decat and new cooler at somepoint ifstill no change ill get them to check it again

cheers to shawn at amd for lookin it over and checkin it he explained thing and listened to wht i thought about it.

it might b im especting alot more from stage 2 then u get as shawn said it pilled very well no different to anyother stage 2 lcr.

matt

matt88 lcr

May 21, 2011
ordered a jetex the other day it come today im happy with it alot bigger then the apexi i had on the car took the car for aspin drives and pulls well might b abit better over the apexi filter

6f1a3127.jpg

jetex compared to the apexi

fb0d861d.jpg

688677b7.jpg

it fitted does stand alot in the bay but not to bothered

536ad76d.jpg

26adce7a.jpg

goin to get a alloy tube to move it closer to the wing and adjust the heat shiuld

matt

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.