Maverick's Emocion Red MK4 TDI - DIY Wheel Refurb **NOW FINISHED** Page 10+

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Dead on, just thought I'd ask in case you hadn't seen the thread.

I'd say it'll be on a Sunday night some time in the near future, maybe at Sprucefield.

I'll keep an eye on it anyways and see, doubt I could if it's before mid may tho exams and all that.. prob why it's taking so long with the wheels too.

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Tyres back on the wheels, no air in them yet. No point till I get them painted up.

f1ad963f.jpg

95ebbdd1.jpg

24bfa473.jpg

White looks pretty good... Hmmm

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Got them for a good price :)

arrived today:

3b1dc69e.jpg

de4741fd.jpg

Gona try to resist puttin them on till I have the alloys sorted and MOT has been passed (fingers crossed) in a month. Then I have another mod to go, hopefully, when that's all done.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Alloys look amazing mate :)

I have an issue with mine though, first one turned out absoluetly amazing, no problems, the second one i sanded thoroughly, primed smooth and sanded but the colour coat has got strange cracks on two of the spokes, sanded down and retried and the same marks have returned in the same place!

Only thing that i can think of is that the garage was too cold when spraying but seems funny it is the same place both times

May 20, 2008
Newry (An Dún)
Alloys look amazing mate :)

I have an issue with mine though, first one turned out absoluetly amazing, no problems, the second one i sanded thoroughly, primed smooth and sanded but the colour coat has got strange cracks on two of the spokes, sanded down and retried and the same marks have returned in the same place!

Only thing that i can think of is that the garage was too cold when spraying but seems funny it is the same place both times

I'm by no means an expert, so I'm not sure dude.

If it's in the exact same place, I doubt it'll be the temp, did you sand that part to bare metal?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.