Maybe an end in sight for Kangaroo jerking...

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Kangaroo has finally ended for me. With a little help from the Financial Ombudsman and DEKRA, 24 months since first ordering it, the heap of trash 130 TSI has finally gone and a full refund issued. It’s been a long and stressful road with many bumps but I persevered and never gave up. What a complete farce. Worst car experience ever.
Glad you got sorted in the end but sounds like it was a long road.

Hope whatever you replace the Leon with treats you well ?

Reactions: jimmyjimmy and Vag8

Vag8

Jul 5, 2019
Kangaroo has finally ended for me. With a little help from the Financial Ombudsman and DEKRA, 24 months since first ordering it, the heap of trash 130 TSI has finally gone and a full refund issued. It’s been a long and stressful road with many bumps but I persevered and never gave up. What a complete farce. Worst car experience ever.

Well done you for battling through and getting the result you wanted, I’m sure it wasn’t easy.
It’s been just over a month since I rid myself of my 1.5 130 and as the mornings are becoming colder I’m so glad.... it’s surprising how good it feels to drive down the street without a hop skip and a jump!!

Seat haven’t ever addressed the or properly acknowledged that they have a problem with this engine, I complained on day 3 of ownership and after a lack of empathy from both dealership and brand, I point blank refused to entertain the new mk4 Leon based purely on my experience of the 1.5 ... it took me 23 months to trade it off the only sad thing more me is there is now some other poor sod with there new (used) car that’s got a lemon of a engine in what Seat say is a perfectly normal characteristic of that engine.

good luck with whatever car you choose next.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Pleased that you got rid of it!

awful engine!

Reactions: jimmyjimmy

CupraLiam

Feb 19, 2012
Nr Leicester, East midlands
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this and what the latest update is?

I have a 2021 Cupra Formentor with the 1.5 engine and it does exactly the same. Its so annoying.
I am affraid Cupra Leicester will Fob me off saying they dont know about the issue. The car is like 6 months old so they should do all the work under warrenty right?

BigFatFish

Jan 26, 2020
Fortunately I never had an issue. But if you’re looking to shift it on hassle free………Bought my Leon FR Black in Feb 19 from Lookers Stockport for £16830 after dealer and manufacturer discounts and deposit contributions. 19k and 20 months later WBAC gave me £16515 for it.

I had £3500 equity bearing in mind no deposit was put down by me on the car, and an itch to scratch for something sporty. I now own a Porsche Boxster and the Mrs still has her Ibiza so she has the family car now…..

Last edited:

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this and what the latest update is?

I have a 2021 Cupra Formentor with the 1.5 engine and it does exactly the same. Its so annoying.
I am affraid Cupra Leicester will Fob me off saying they dont know about the issue. The car is like 6 months old so they should do all the work under warrenty right?
Try the dealerships but i wouldn’t hold my breath for any sort of fix

probably better going the other way and getting a full fat remap.

CupraLiam

Feb 19, 2012
Nr Leicester, East midlands
Try the dealerships but i wouldn’t hold my breath for any sort of fix

probably better going the other way and getting a full fat remap.
I would love to get a remap haha but the car is leased so im not aloud :( The mrs currently has a 2021 plate golf Rline 1.5tsi as a hire car from her work, thats a manual and hasn't got any of the hesitation issues. Which really annoys me as that and mine are the same engine.

I have the CUPRA booked in at Seat/Cupra in leicester at the end of the month see if they can sort something, fingers crossed.

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Thought the issue has been largely fixed, as our Ateca had both updates and it was far better. Its not great and wont be kept when the lease runs out.

When you compare the 1.5tsi to the 1.4 and even the 1.2 before it, they were far more lively. The 1.5 takes ages to get going and isnt very smooth. To add to that when you compare mpg's of my Cupra and the Ateca on the motorway there is only 2 in it (37mpg vs 39mpg avg). Really gives credit how good the 2.0 ea888 engine is.

I am not sure why Cupra/Seat offered the 1.5 in the Formentor...

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Thought the issue has been largely fixed, as our Ateca had both updates and it was far better. Its not great and wont be kept when the lease runs out.

When you compare the 1.5tsi to the 1.4 and even the 1.2 before it, they were far more lively. The 1.5 takes ages to get going and isnt very smooth. To add to that when you compare mpg's of my Cupra and the Ateca on the motorway there is only 2 in it (37mpg vs 39mpg avg). Really gives credit how good the 2.0 ea888 engine is.

I am not sure why Cupra/Seat offered the 1.5 in the Formentor...
It uses a Miller Cycle engine for efficiency which isn’t as smooth.

yeah think my average mpg was 37, was nothing spectacular

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.