Media Issues (or user error)

• Thread starter Deleted member 129529
  • Start date

Tell

Staff member
I should clarify "then right click the artwork "box" (which will be empty)"
It is "empty" because you have selected multiple tracks from multiple albums, the reality is that the Artwork is actually preserved for each individual track and/or album.
So by "right clicking" the "empty" artwork box you will be offered batch processing options for all selected tracks.
The FAQ's of "MP3 Tag" are very intuitive too

Edit: "MP3 Tag" when re-sizing will attempt to use 500 x 500, if the artwork is smaller than that it will not "grow it" to 500 x 500

It's probably doing C but more effectively. A. does for me on mib2 high. Keeping it stupid simple. I manually pick out the best looking art work. I can see if you have a big mp3 collection you might want to wack them all in one swoop. Main thing is to ensure graphics don't pop the 500x500 limit.

Tell

Staff member
Had the dreaded rebooting infotainment unit problem on the partners mib2 standard in the last period. It appears that the embedded artwork on probably non commercially produced flac files blow the unit. They were embedded images well above 500x500 which is the gold standard for the cover.jpg files we use on the SeatCupra, the long established gold standard.

Took the cue from this thread but don't reckon there were any hidden files just bloated embedded jpeg images.

Used mp3tag to delete the covers. All flac here and normally have cover.jpg of 500x500 file placed in the album for the image. Reckon the Linux program in the unit had it's declared array blown with large embedded jpegs so crashed the infotainment unit 🤔. Was on 512 release of the firmware. Left as is.

Took a while to diagnose it, was it the sat nav card ?, was it the SD card ?. Do have a spare satnav card so could test with that. You can put the unit on demo navigation mode on advanced and it happily crashed out on that. Tablet out of the usb socket wasn't that. Got it down to an SD card with bloated embedded jpegs on.

So yes, mp3tag is a useful program. Fingers crossed. Comes of people wanting to play remastered old favourites where someone has embedded a rather big jpeg in it.

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Tell

Staff member
I'd be annoyed by that. I did read one VW post that claimed the import was taken away since it was the backend to the unit. It's that on the POIs which is how enthusiasts get their own software in the unit. That would suggest if correct the loop hole was still their in mib3 in the design, but they closed it down. May be why it's documented in the earlier manuals on radio logo import but isn't implemented the same as user POI import. They got worried so locked it down.

Tell

Staff member
Pity we do not have the SD card option on new Cupra's so we could sort the annoying lack of Logos on radio stations!
Found mp3tag a good app.

On Radio Logos on mib3 I've pinned this thread

The radio logos are looked after by a German company that provides the VW downloads, which are common across the mib brands. You can nag them to put in the missing station Logos if you tell them what they are. That's the suggestion. Saying that they are saying Skoda publishes theirs yet the download includes VW and Skoda parts. Seat is the odd one out not covered. It appears they do the work but publishing the file is up to the brand...