Merry F***ing Christmas # 3!

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Well...

Christmas eve driving back from girlfriends house, this happens!

Driving along, bloke in front wants to turn right and goes into that little marked right turn area on the road, as im passing him, changes his mind and pushes me into a parked car and speeds off! I seemed to end up with most of the damage, the owner of the parked car was there, i waited for him and luckily there was only a minor scrach on his and he didnt care about it. I cant arrord to to through insrance as itll bite me in the bum in the end so i have to fork out for this...

IMG_8813.jpg

IMG_8818.jpg

IMG_8820.jpg

There is a dent in the passenger side wing so will need new one, dent in door which i noticed today, dont know if it can be pulled out as its down a crease like where the metal got weaker. Scratches and paintwork damage as you can see on edge of door. Drivers side has minor scratches and a cracked side repeater!

Any estimates of what this may cost me? :( Ive heard bad news already. Do you think i could polish out the scratches on the drivers side?

HELP :(

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
could have been worse,

At least you can drive about in it for a while. Might be worth getting your tracking checked as you may have thumed tthe wheel too.

PS did i miss number 2, and did you get the number plat of the other car

loonymoon

Silly season

Sorry to hear about your accident. May be worth reporting it to the police if you did get any part of their numberplate.

Yesterday i had two numpties nearly crash into my ibiza, both would have been pretty serious and I couldn't do anything about either.

The first was on the M25. I was in the middle lane and I noticed this people carrier that was all loaded up and behind a metro going really slow. I noticed the people carrier because it went half over the hard shoulder before pulling back onto the carriage way "hmm this'll be one to watch" thought I as I began to pass.

Sure enough just as I started to pass and was right next to the people carrier I saw the indicators flash and she started to pull towards me..... argh thought I!! It was pretty close but luckily she saw I was there and swerved away again....:scary: I think it must have shook her up because she stayed behind the metro - indicating to overtake but not going anywhere for ages. That'll teach her to check her mirrors and blind spot properly!! Scared me too and I didn't have a chance to get to the horn...

Then... I went out for lunch yesterday and I was on a main road turning right so I went into the right turn lane and this idiot in a corsa was turning right out of the side road. I saw him but he wasn't stopping. He was looking right up the road and probably planning to use the middle lane to get across. Again I fumbed but didn't find the horn. He stopped with his bumper about an inch from my drivers door....... and then waved at me. (could have been "sorry" or "you go first"....hmmm don't I have right of way here anyway!!!)....:headhurt:

Anyway the Ibiza came out unscathed but could have had a nasty accident at speed OR a big dent in the drivers door.....:cry:

Shows that it really is silly season.[:@]

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Ive already reported it to the police, they looked around and so did i asking for if there was any CCTV and no luck. Neither me or the other bloke got the numberplate :(

There is something about christmas that makes people nuts, you were lucky looneymoon, would have been nasty if othereise. Mine couldhave been worse on the other hand but frankly i just cant afford this at the moment.

Any idea how much the damage is?

loonymoon

Ive already reported it to the police, they looked around and so did i asking for if there was any CCTV and no luck. Neither me or the other bloke got the numberplate :(

There is something about christmas that makes people nuts, you were lucky looneymoon, would have been nasty if othereise. Mine couldhave been worse on the other hand but frankly i just cant afford this at the moment.

Any idea how much the damage is?

Yes I was lucky - the motorway one would have been very nasty and the other one would have caused a lot of damage.

Cheapest option may be "Chipsaway"or a similar company as they can usually do dents and scratches. But even then it will be a few hundred pounds as it looks like there's damage to more than one panel. I spoke to a "chipsaway" agent about my car because I have a couple of dents on the drivers door from the previous owner he said it would be around £200 for that. However he said that his expertise is in paint eg scratches and chips but he was looking for a dent repairer that he could trust. It may be worth speaking to them and getting them to come and look at the car and give you a quote. You don't have to accept it.

Body shops will respray the whole panels which would be a better job but much much more expensive.
Unfortunately without the numberplate you may never get the sod who caused the accident. Unless he has a prang of guilt![:@]

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
Yeh :( i know its such a pain!

I think with the minor scratches on the drivers side they may just polish out, without too much left and would be alright.

Im going to need a new wing though, there is about a 2mm gap between where the door and panel meet and also the dent on the edge. Door will need some repair work too but im worried about the dent in it, would that be a a new door skin? :(

Ill take it to a coachworks place in the new year see what they say, have you got a number for chipsaway for me please?

Thanks

loonymoon

Yeh :( i know its such a pain!

I think with the minor scratches on the drivers side they may just polish out, without too much left and would be alright.

Im going to need a new wing though, there is about a 2mm gap between where the door and panel meet and also the dent on the edge. Door will need some repair work too but im worried about the dent in it, would that be a a new door skin? :(

Ill take it to a coachworks place in the new year see what they say, have you got a number for chipsaway for me please?

Thanks

Here's a link to the Chipsaway website. http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/repair/index.asp

Hope they can help you!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
so sorry to hear about your terrible exsperiance police wont do a damn thing ive been there and they are utterly useless!!!! keep an eye out for the car if you reconise it try and get some pics on your phone or something this might help your case on catching him/her both sides of the car are going to be pricey mate as you have to blend into the next pannel to hide the colour match!

so n/s/f wing if dent is too bad for repair n/s/f door repair/skin rear 1/4 pannel blended mouldings then o/s wing sprayed and repaired o/s door repaired and sprayed and looks in picture as they could blend the colour throught the door and new door moulding!

:( it going to be alot but hey at least it will look nice a new at the end

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
ive only had it a couple of months lol, itll be just under 1k i reckon, bloody great.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
really do feel for you!!!!!!!!! do some quote searching first tho as you casn stumble across a real bargain dont go too cheep or they are most probably going to do a bodge job!!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
you could probably t-cut it down to not look as bad but still at the end of the day gonna need painting i think!

p.s ive got a side repeater (clear) at home spare??

Last edited:

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
you could probably t-cut it down to not look as bad but still at the end of the day gonna need painting i think!

p.s ive got a side repeater (clear) at home spare??

I think the drivers side might come out with the motor polisher because the scratches are not greatly deep.

rashcupra that would be amazing if thats ok, how much?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
is a genuine part and has no damage do you have paypal?? il sell it for a £5 no worth much! send it in post today if you want??

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
yeh that would be wicked, i have paypal i think, havnt used it in ages hope its still active!

pm me your email address or whatever it is to send it via paypal, ill pm u my address too! thanks allot matey!

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
have a problem lol im not like a full member or anything so cannot use private messages. could you email

Last edited:

Seat_Stu

Oct 16, 2006
lol oooo so after this... i should be abe to private message! ill send you my email adress after this message im PM