Metallic rattle/tinkering from just behind drivers right ear

Xe

Hi all, I sometimes get this annoying little rattle from just behind my right ear when driving on some roughish road surfaces at the right speed. It sounds like something hard vibrating/tinkering/rattling on a metal surface. Now I think its coming from the B-Pillar (the middle one), and was wondering if anyone knew how to get inside it to have a look? If its not that its the rear door behind me.

Any help or comments would be appreciated :)

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
i had this in my lcr and it bugged the t1ts out of me, i never found the problem but it better not do it in my new car.. i always thought it was something to do with the seat belt locking mechanism but not sure

koh1

Hi I had some very similar symptoms, I could hear the metallic rattle to my left the front passenger could hear it to their right.

I had loads of rides in the back to ry and pinpoint the rattle, but to no avail.

I tracked the noise down to the exhaust.
Do the following, tap the back box nd have a godd listen, I heard it straight away and recognised the noise.
The cause was a loose/badly fitting rubber exhaust mount in the middle of the of the exhaust system. All you have to do is take it off and put it back on properly.

Hope it solves your problem, it bugged the hell out of me.

Regards KK

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
Hi all, I sometimes get this annoying little rattle from just behind my right ear when driving on some roughish road surfaces at the right speed. It sounds like something hard vibrating/tinkering/rattling on a metal surface. Now I think its coming from the B-Pillar (the middle one), and was wondering if anyone knew how to get inside it to have a look? If its not that its the rear door behind me.

Any help or comments would be appreciated :)

I was just about to come on here and post the exact same question.

Mine has just started doing this after 60k miles:shrug:

I presume it's something in the seat belt mounting or the airbag housing, but haven't had a chance to go in and have a look.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Not the same car but I had a similar noise on my Hyundai Coupe. Found it was the bolt that was coming loose on the seatbelt (I had to remove the plastic cover and then tighten the bolt that attatched the belt to the pillar)
Just an idea.
Alex

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.