Milltek or Piper?

billyhas

May 22, 2003
kidderminster
Visit site
I have decided to keep my LCR for another year. As i do not do many miles in a car per year, i can not warrant spending what would amount to be a small fortune to get anything like it .So now its mod time to keep me interested,which will start with a full sports cat exhaust system.
I understand a Milltek is approximately 8 to £900 and the Piper is approximatley £1100.Is there any benefit spending the extra cash on the Piper or would it make more sense to get the Milltek and get some other goodies?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I think personal preference has alot to do with it. The Piper system was built and tested for SCN on a members car. This was RR before and after to show very good results. The Piper system is mandrel bent 3" all the way from DP to tail.
The only other real benifit with Piper over Milltek is that Gary (Piper Salesman) is on here alot and they can work with you to get any tail pipe you need. Where as (I think) Milltek do just one or two specific ones. BTW not liking the Milltek tail pipes.

orbital45uk

I just had delivery of my full system including ceramic coated downpipe and spots cat and cost me £1280 inc VAT and delivery. Gets fitted on monday so then a can let you know what i think about it ;)

Paulycupra

I have got a full Milltek and Milltek de-cat and it is the best exhaust system I have had so far:). It is not boomy like some and is very well made. I had one on my skoda Octavia vrs and the was the same. I have not seen the piper system so I can not compare them, but I am very happy with my Milltek system.

caveo

miltek is very very good quality and looks quite stock so is good to suprise some faster cars and isnt too loud just nice n low and my sports cat has passed 2 mots no problem

Blelock

Aug 5, 2007
I have not changed my exhuast on my LCR. However I did on my R32. I had a Milltek on it. Again very well made and sounded great.

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
i know its the wrong car but i love my full miltek system on the ibiza.. Nice and quiet when driving slow but a little louder when booting it ;) Good power gains too and the boys at custom code were impressed :)

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I only have the piper, but am very happy with it. But it is not 3" all the way. Only the DP is 3". The rest is 2.5" I think, but with thinner side walls than standard giving a larger bore.

Nice rumble on startup and idle. Can not hear it ruising, but pipes up when you accelerate and sounds great under full acceleration. I got a good powershift into the lower revs once fitted with a stage 2 map also.

orbital45uk

I've had my piper fitted today allong with the Dogbone rubber changed to Powerflex ones and i must say what a difference :p the piper sounds great to not loud but deep rumble from the back and has realy realy improved the performance it just breathes better and seems to boost for a lot longer:D i am very happy with the choice of the piper.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members