Mk II Leon heavy stiff steering

RustyOsb

Hello,

I bought an '07 Leon 2.0TDI sport about 3 months ago. Only low miles (5K) but very suddenly, maybe over the period of a day or two the steering has become quite stiff and heavy.

I bought the car from a VW dealer who did a quick diagnostic check and found no fault with the power steering system. However, I am convinced something has changed in the way the car drives.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions.

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
If you are in the UK, the car should still be under warrnaty, so best take it to a Seat dealer to deal with.

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
Hello,

I bought an '07 Leon 2.0TDI sport about 3 months ago. Only low miles (5K) but very suddenly, maybe over the period of a day or two the steering has become quite stiff and heavy.

I bought the car from a VW dealer who did a quick diagnostic check and found no fault with the power steering system. However, I am convinced something has changed in the way the car drives.

Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions.

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

I had the same fault with my old Leon Sport. I had to tell the garage where to look for the fault. They ended up changing the steering control module if that is any help.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.