Mk1 leon supercopa

LJM24

May 28, 2021
Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has any info or specs of mk1 leon supercopa's. I'm planning on making mine a replica/track car and possible in the future racing it and would like some advice on specs and just general information on them as its really hard to find it all nowadays.

I've managed to find a pdf with some info in and part numbers but its very imited. Also apart from the obvious google search do you know of any companies/websites selling parts for them, I understand most of these are only replica parts but that seems the best I can find at the moment.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
The supercopas are based on the fr4 chassis. But running fwd so has I dependent suspension. Ally case front hubs and completely different suspension set up. You can make a replica easy enough body panel wise. But no one really makes a good replica spoiler . Also the roof spoiler is different on the supercopas too. I have a pdf file of a complete section by section exploded diagrams with every part number for every part for the supercopas

LJM24

May 28, 2021
The supercopas are based on the fr4 chassis. But running fwd so has I dependent suspension. Ally case front hubs and completely different suspension set up. You can make a replica easy enough body panel wise. But no one really makes a good replica spoiler . Also the roof spoiler is different on the supercopas too. I have a pdf file of a complete section by section exploded diagrams with every part number for every part for the supercopas
Oh cool, so really they were just ones off's built from factory then? I know they were purpose built and not road cars converted over but didn't realise they were so different to lcr's. Could you send me a link to that pdf if possible please?

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Actually went through a fair few of the part numbers for the Supercopa and it’s surprising some of the parts they did use (Leon washer bottle modified to run as a breather tank, VW Scirocco/Golf cabrio washer bottle and pump for actual windcreen washing duties). As @Manic172 said, lookalikes are easy, the engines were basically stock BAM units with a custom ECU, suspension is the big deal as the front hubs were bespoke and the rear suspension was independent because they were all 4x4 shells from Europe

LJM24

May 28, 2021
Actually went through a fair few of the part numbers for the Supercopa and it’s surprising some of the parts they did use (Leon washer bottle modified to run as a breather tank, VW Scirocco/Golf cabrio washer bottle and pump for actual windcreen washing duties). As @Manic172 said, lookalikes are easy, the engines were basically stock BAM units with a custom ECU, suspension is the big deal as the front hubs were bespoke and the rear suspension was independent because they were all 4x4 shells from Europe
I did see the washer bottle on an old video and it confused me 😂 but that makes sense now. At least I can try and make it look similar and they are still great cars with the right upgrades so will still perform well on track hopefully.

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
All depends how far you want to go
20201024_194643-1.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Bigpul

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net

Or do some thing silly and go well beyond a supercopa

LJM24

May 28, 2021
Done few more buts but nothing you really see. Every single thing has been played with or modified to make fit lol long process hahah
I can imagine haha, mine gonna take a while but just want to do it bit by bit

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
You can get the front end from xsport. Wings and bumper.. or ebay you can get wings and with bumper extentions . To cut in a widen it. So looks wise it's bumper and wings and spoiler. Unless your stripping the inside and going race look too.

LJM24

May 28, 2021
You can get the front end from xsport. Wings and bumper.. or ebay you can get wings and with bumper extentions . To cut in a widen it. So looks wise it's bumper and wings and spoiler. Unless your stripping the inside and going race look too.
Yeah have seen those xsport ones not seen the ebay ones yet, do you know what the fitments like?
I do plan on going full racecar tbh, want to use it for trackdays and if funds allow, I plan on racing it too.

Reactions: Manic172

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Full race is massively different to track day. There is no fitment to any fibglass parts really its all about fabrication. Befor you build you need to look in to what series you are going to possibly race in. As the specs of your car will massively effect what series/class and promoter you race in .
Also budget is the be all and end all... what ever you budget it at... you might aswell double it then put a 0 on the end. Then you could be some where close ... mine has sort of gone out of control lol. But with my job and the hours I do it's possible. But now going to take time lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: vwtrev

LJM24

May 28, 2021
Been doing a little research over the past week and think I've found something out. The supercopa's seem to have ran these front hubs, this boxed style, im assuming it was for strengthening them, maybe the front hubs were a weak point?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220901-111813_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-111813_Samsung Internet.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20220901-111819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220901-111819_Samsung Internet.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20220831-195720_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-195720_Samsung Internet.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 182
  • Screenshot_20220831-195851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220831-195851_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 145
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.