Mk1 leon supercopa

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
I would think they're within a usable spec. It's the caliper mounting (Supercopas had multiple disc options depending on the conditions), the roll centre adjsutment and the steering arm adjustment where you're getting the upgrade

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Some screen shots of front suspension set up from the mk1 supercopa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-100236_mailcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-100236_mailcom.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20220904-100229_mailcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-100229_mailcom.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20220904-100221_mailcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220904-100221_mailcom.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 127

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
This should be an interesting build for you and thread for us, only manic172 is doing something of a big build like this hope your pockets are deep sounds expensive this project especially if your trying to recreate a functional supercopa replica. All the best bud

LJM24

May 28, 2021
This should be an interesting build for you and thread for us, only manic172 is doing something of a big build like this hope your pockets are deep sounds expensive this project especially if your trying to recreate a functional supercopa replica. All the best bud
I'm going for a road legal race car essentially, not going to be easy but its been an idea for a while and I have a prefect car to start off with so fingers crossed, I will post updates as I go along

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I'm going for a road legal race car essentially, not going to be easy but its been an idea for a while and I have a prefect car to start off with so fingers crossed, I will post updates as I go along

What car are you starting with. If you going all out race type. The base car doesn't really matter. For example the saxo super1600 rally car from early 2000s was actually build from 1.0 shells. Its all about the preparation and the quality of the stuff your putting in to the build

LJM24

May 28, 2021
What car are you starting with. If you going all out race type. The base car doesn't really matter. For example the saxo super1600 rally car from early 2000s was actually build from 1.0 shells. Its all about the preparation and the quality of the stuff your putting in to the build
Its a road car at the moment but got some issues with parts I'm taking off anyway so doesn't feel like I'm ruining a good car 😂 for example the rear seats don't bolt into the car correctly and some of the interior isn't in the best of shape. It's a bit rusty here and there but mechanically it's absolutely perfect and I will be putting a lot of time and money into it to make it perfect

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
I would strip it completely and and either get it sand blastes or acid dipped . You can stitch weld the shell and be sure all the rust is gone and you can then repair any sections you need to befor the build starts. Or are you planning on building it at week ends and driving it threw the week. Then this can slow progress but means you can still get about tho

LJM24

May 28, 2021
I was planning on stitch welding the shell for rigidity so would need to be pretty much fully stripped down, there's only 3 points of rust I know of so hopefully won't need much repairing. I'm currently just trying to sort out a second car so I can have this in bits whenever I want then

LJM24

May 28, 2021
Are you cutting the floor out and welding in a audi tt quattro floor so you can run the independent rear suspension set up.
That might be a bit too past my pay grade, I'd like to but I may just put up with how it is

LJM24

May 28, 2021
The other option I have is buy a real mk1 supercopa, I spoke to someone from SeatSport UK and they mentioned one that is coming up for sale soon so it's tempting. 11k on a real supercopa on 11k into my car 🤔 also he said that SeatSport UK are running a supercopa in the roadsport 750mc series next season too 👍

Reactions: vwtrev and Rich.T

LJM24

May 28, 2021
Only thing is it will be left hand drive and I'm not sure that's what I want, I'm comfortable with my driving in a rhd but not so much lhd

LJM24

May 28, 2021
Hi guys, so its been a while life has gotten in the way and moving house too so everything's been on the back burner but I'm getting to position where I wanna make some progress on this build, my thoughts have changed a little and I think realistically I want to make this into a track day car, I need a bit of inspiration to get me going, it's going to be a long journey but we'll get there, also does anyone have the mk1 leon supercopa parts diagram and catalogue as I think it's been removed from online and I don't think I downloaded it