Feb 8, 2019
Hi

I have a 2007 (57 Plate) Seat Leon, I'm trying to work out how to be able to play music through an aux output. The radio itself doesn't have an aux output, but does have a 'CD/AUX' button. There is an aux cable coming out of the glovebox and a micro-usb port (i think), but this does not work and i have a feeling this is something to do with the bluetooth hand-free phone thing which is installed, which i know doesn't make sense but it's the only thing I can link it too in my head, that also doesn't work from what I can tell. I see on other forums that if you do have an aux output installed it can drain the battery and also the stock radios installed before 2008 won't support aux anyway. Is there any way of getting this aux output installed without having to buy a whole new radio and the thing that's required to not drain the battery or am I better off burning a whole load of cd's?

Replies will be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Feb 8, 2019
Yeah it's not a standard install, you can feel where the plastic has been out of the glovebox to allow the cable to come through.

2018-02-09 09.45.28.jpg
2018-02-09 09.46.36.jpg

Cheers

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Definitely not standard. What kind of stereo have you got? Your only answer is going to be take out the glovebox and trace the cables back or take out the stereo. In theory they should plug in to the back of the stereo.

The only standard aux port is either near the handbrake (pre-fl) or in front of the gearstick underneath the stereo like mine which is facelift.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019
Just the standard radio that comes with the car. Ok I will have a look cheers!

See I'm pretty sure that I haven't got either of the standard aux ports which I don't understand?

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Just the standard radio that comes with the car. Ok I will have a look cheers!

See I'm pretty sure that I haven't got either of the standard aux ports which I don't understand?

Have you bought the car recently? Could have had a stereo which they put back to standard before selling.

Feb 8, 2019
Yeah I have, ah right it could be that then! What I don't understand is that apparently the 07 models should have a aux output as standard anyway, but it doesn't?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Check under the drivers seat for the iPod connection kit. This was an optional extra but choosing it meant losing the normal aux input as the factory headunits only support 1 aux input.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
That looks more like the setup my parents have in their golf which is a standard setup but has random cables in the glove box, a bit less random than yours but still looks a bit of an after thought.

My 2007 Leon has an aux as standard on the original stereo.