MK2 Leon FR PD170 Intercooler?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
What Standard intercooler does the 2.0 16V PD170 have ?

1x Smic , 2x Smic or a FMIC?

Has anybody gone down a Aftermarket FMIC route yet?

I think before i go pushing for power Through De-DPF,Panel Filter and Remapping i might aswell look at better Intercooler among other things , I would usually Look on ETKA but laptops at home and im sat at work looking at ways to spend me christmas overtime:p

Last edited:

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
What Standard intercooler does the 2.0 16V PD170 have ?

1x Smic , 2x Smic or a FMIC?

Has anybody gone down a Aftermarket FMIC route yet?

I think before i go pushing for power Through De-DPF,Panel Filter and Remapping i might aswell look at better Intercooler among other things , I would usually Look on ETKA but laptops at home and im sat at work looking at ways to spend me christmas overtime:p

Its got a FMIC....its the big thing behind the bumper ;)
The standard intercooler is good for 300 BHP from what I have read on the interweb so its not really something that needs to be changed unless you are going for silly power.
Your other options are the S3 Intercooler from Audi which is almost plug and play for the the PD140 BKD engines (the PD170 is a different engine code) so I assume it would be the same for yours.
Alex

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Its got a FMIC....its the big thing behind the bumper ;)
The standard intercooler is good for 300 BHP from what I have read on the interweb so its not really something that needs to be changed unless you are going for silly power.
Your other options are the S3 Intercooler from Audi which is almost plug and play for the the PD140 BKD engines (the PD170 is a different engine code) so I assume it would be the same for yours.
Alex

Thats what i was hopeing to hear , I havent got the car yet and i havent seen a FR around to look at to see if there was a FMIC or SMIC , Next question was gonna be whats it rated to.

At first im just chasing the 230-240bhp mark but i feel after a year or so i will be going down the Hybrid turbo route chasing more ponies

Poverty

Yes VW,Skoda,Audi and Seat

Would the new TT-RS be listed. Im interested to see whether the injectors are the same as the audi s3/leon cupra or the audi rs4.

Thats what i was hopeing to hear , I havent got the car yet and i havent seen a FR around to look at to see if there was a FMIC or SMIC , Next question was gonna be whats it rated to.

At first im just chasing the 230-240bhp mark but i feel after a year or so i will be going down the Hybrid turbo route chasing more ponies

Sounds like you are after a properly sorted TDI, think you will be the first mk2 leon ;)

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Would the new TT-RS be listed. Im interested to see whether the injectors are the same as the audi s3/leon cupra or the audi rs4.

Sounds like you are after a properly sorted TDI, think you will be the first mk2 leon ;)

Oh yes If i had of bought an Ibiza PD130 instead of a Ibiza 1.4TDI PD80 then i would keep the ibiza and spend money on it,but the PD80 carnt really be pushed

So yes i would like to push the leon quite far , See how things go

When im at home on 29th i will have a look see if the RS is on the version ive got ,Ive got ETKA 7.2 just depends if its been updated

Poverty

Oh yes If i had of bought an Ibiza PD130 instead of a Ibiza 1.4TDI PD80 then i would keep the ibiza and spend money on it,but the PD80 carnt really be pushed

So yes i would like to push the leon quite far , See how things go

When im at home on 29th i will have a look see if the RS is on the version ive got ,Ive got ETKA 7.2 just depends if its been updated

Alright cheers mate.

Another ex ibiza owner in a leon! I had a 1.4 sport before I got the k1. Love the leon better in every way, apart from that the ibiza had better cup holders :lol:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Alright cheers mate.

Another ex ibiza owner in a leon! I had a 1.4 sport before I got the k1. Love the leon better in every way, apart from that the ibiza had better cup holders :lol:

Oh no i thought the ibiza cup holder in dash is pants it keeps dislodging itself

I test drove a MK2 Leon Cupra 240 and it felt quick but because ive got a diesel now i prefered how the FR TDI drove

Plus at the age of 20 , MK2 Leon Cupra insurance wasnt cheap :whistle: so picked the TDI

Eventually i would like to build my engine up to WTCC Spec :p

Poverty

Oh no i thought the ibiza cup holder in dash is pants it keeps dislodging itself

I test drove a MK2 Leon Cupra 240 and it felt quick but because ive got a diesel now i prefered how the FR TDI drove

Plus at the age of 20 , MK2 Leon Cupra insurance wasnt cheap :whistle: so picked the TDI

snap im 20 too. Insurance isnt nice on the cupra, but it drops by over half next year once im 21:)

Im liking the plans for your FR, will deffo be keeping up with your threads [B)]

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
snap im 20 too. Insurance isnt nice on the cupra, but it drops by over half next year once im 21:)

Im liking the plans for your FR, will deffo be keeping up with your threads [B)]

im 21 on 30th day i pick up the FR

Haha i had big plans for a MK1 Golf TDI PD130 Track car that havent happend so far but i think with the Leon its just a case of getting the parts so it should happen

I will hopefully be running 230-240bhp by time i grace GTI Inetnationals 1/4mile strip in 2010

Poverty

im 21 on 30th day i pick up the FR

Haha i had big plans for a MK1 Golf TDI PD130 Track car that havent happend so far but i think with the Leon its just a case of getting the parts so it should happen

I will hopefully be running 230-240bhp by time i grace GTI Inetnationals 1/4mile strip in 2010
Perfect bday present

Cool, I will see you around on the show/track scene, Im 21 on the 9th :funk:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Perfect bday present

Cool, I will see you around on the show/track scene, Im 21 on the 9th :funk:

Yep im a regular Tdipsort.com stand member at Inters , ED38 , Ultimate dubs etc and will be gracing Santa Pod etc hopefully in 2010

Poverty

Yep im a regular Tdipsort.com stand member at Inters , ED38 , Ultimate dubs etc and will be gracing Santa Pod etc hopefully in 2010

I will be a pod resident in 2010.

Do stand members get fast track for the drag strip at the show?

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....

I just need to find another 110 bhp on mines to make it WTCC Spec :lol:
Now to find the money for it......
Alex

Poverty

Hehe Around 280BHP arent they , And theve still got a DPF

Hence why ive been doing overtime all over christmas ;)

haha gotta love that overtime to pay for car stuff.

280HP with the dpf is impressive, would have thought they ditch that. Imagine it needing to regenerate in the middle of a race lol.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Hehe Around 280BHP arent they , And theve still got a DPF

Hence why ive been doing overtime all over christmas ;)

I am aiming for the 300 mark but before I do that I would need to make sure that everything else is in order first. No point in having extra power and not being able to put it down on the ground.
Alex