Mk3 2014 Head Unit change.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Ok no problem when ever you have time to have a look. I've realised that it's not same as my current wiring so not sure why I asked about 10,14 pins.

Do you think I can get my mib2 std nav unit speaker configuration changed to match my current cars wiring so that othe unit will put bass and treble through the 4 pins in middle? It would solve the problems I have big time.

I have vcds and cable tool so if I could be given rhe coding I'd give it ago
I will try to look tomorrow to see what the coding options are, I have my VCDS cable with me.

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
Just found this on the forum, might be of help, https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/th...spanish-forum-has-done-it.421193/post-4921365 , just make sure you save the original coding so you can go back if required.
I would suggest trying the settings that are just above the blue highlighted settings in both photos.
Brilliant, how do I save the original coding before doing anything? I've done things like one click folding mirrors but thats easy to go back to stock settings

I remember now just do auto scan and save it

Last edited:
Reactions: Walone

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
I've just looked on the link and there's a mention of a VCP? Do you think the 2 coding highlighted in blue could be my wiring configuration for my 4 channel original unit?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I've just looked on the link and there's a mention of a VCP? Do you think the 2 coding highlighted in blue could be my wiring configuration for my 4 channel original unit?
Can't sleep, LOL, no the highlighted codings are for cars with Seat Sound. Look at the PR codes in the front of your owners handbook or in the boot to see if there are any that match the PR codes shown on the first picture that I linked.

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
Can't sleep, LOL, no the highlighted codings are for cars with Seat Sound. Look at the PR codes in the front of your owners handbook or in the boot to see if there are any that match the PR codes shown on the first picture that I linked.
??? yes very windy outside last night. I checked for pr numbers in my boot under section 4 and I only have 8RM as shown in pictures. Does this mean it may work for my current cars speaker wiring?

Attachments

• 20200821_113451.jpg
    20200821_113451.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 284
  • 20200821_113140.jpg
    20200821_113140.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
My unit was coded for 8RM before I fitted Seat Sound, and my front speakers were wired to pins 9,13 and 10,14 with the tweeters wired to pins 2,6 and 3,7.
I would suggest selecting the codes just above the highlighted lines in both photos, so PR-7LI+8RM and 00 Passive speakers (w/o Sound system) installed.

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
My unit was coded for 8RM before I fitted Seat Sound, and my front speakers were wired to pins 9,13 and 10,14 with the tweeters wired to pins 2,6 and 3,7.
I would suggest selecting the codes just above the highlighted lines in both photos, so PR-7LI+8RM and 00 Passive speakers (w/o Sound system) installed.
So this should setup my front speakers/tweeters in middle pins 2,6 and 3,7 just link it was in my old 5f0035869a unit? Do I select 5f coding in vcds?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
So this should setup my front speakers/tweeters in middle pins 2,6 and 3,7 just link it was in my old 5f0035869a unit? Do I select 5f coding in vcds?
Hopefully that will work, but can't be sure until you try it. Yes, do a scan on 5F first then save it, then go to 5F coding, you may need to enter the security access code, then use the long coding helper to select the Byte4-7 coding and Byte 11 coding options that I suggested then exit Long coding helper and select Do It.
Come out of VCDS then reboot the MIB unit (long press on power button until it restarts).
Good luck.

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
Hopefully that will work, but can't be sure until you try it. Yes, do a scan on 5F first then save it, then go to 5F coding, you may need to enter the security access code, then use the long coding helper to select the Byte4-7 coding and Byte 11 coding options that I suggested then exit Long coding helper and select Do It.
Come out of VCDS then reboot the MIB unit (long press on power button until it restarts).
Good luck.
Ok so I've tried the settings you've suggested and there's a slight change but when I fade to front speakers/tweeters there's still not much bass front door speakers. There's plenty in back one's. I did try the other 8 passive speakers setting and not much difference.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Ok so I've tried the settings you've suggested and there's a slight change but when I fade to front speakers/tweeters there's still not much bass front door speakers. There's plenty in back one's. I did try the other 8 passive speakers setting and not much difference.
Very strange, the only thing I can suggest is to do as we discussed and move the connectors from pins 2,6 and 3,7 to the relevant 9,13 and 10,14 then wire the tweeters separately to pins 2,6 and 3,7.

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
Very strange, the only thing I can suggest is to do as we discussed and move the connectors from pins 2,6 and 3,7 to the relevant 9,13 and 10,14 then wire the tweeters separately to pins 2,6 and 3,7.
Yes it is, I was hoping not to separate the tweeters with new wires as dont have terminal pins to do it. Do you think if I move from 2,6,3,7 to 9,10,13,14 and then did coding adjustments this might work?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Yes it is, I was hoping not to separate the tweeters with new wires as dont have terminal pins to do it. Do you think if I move from 2,6,3,7 to 9,10,13,14 and then did coding adjustments this might work?
I don't know the answer to that, I suppose you could try, i had terrible trouble trying to remove the pins, had to buy some special tools to do it.
Just a thought do you have the option in the sound menu to adjust a subwoofer?

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
I don't know the answer to that, I suppose you could try, i had terrible trouble trying to remove the pins, had to buy some special tools to do it.
Just a thought do you have the option in the sound menu to adjust a subwoofer?
What I ment was if I was to separate the pillar tweeters and run new wires don't have the pins/crimps to go on the end of wires.

I've got pin removing tools and have now move pins over to 9,10,13,14. My from speakers now have bass again like before with my old unit, the pillar tweeters have the tinny sound but not quite the same as when old unit was connected.

What do you think the pr.setting in vcds is the correct one for my 8 speaker system and are my speakers passive. I don't have subwoofer option in sound menu either.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
What I ment was if I was to separate the pillar tweeters and run new wires don't have the pins/crimps to go on the end of wires.

I've got pin removing tools and have now move pins over to 9,10,13,14. My from speakers now have bass again like before with my old unit, the pillar tweeters have the tinny sound but not quite the same as when old unit was connected.

What do you think the pr.setting in vcds is the correct one for my 8 speaker system and are my speakers passive. I don't have subwoofer option in sound menu either.
Right, for your coding use the line just above the highlighted text in the first photo (byte 4-7), which you may already have done, and for byte 11 (second photo) use the highlighted line. When completed D7 should show in the byte 4-7 box and 01 should show in the byte 11 box.
Should be able to get the correct terminals/crimps on eBay, I will try to find the correct ones for you but may not be until Sunday.

Last edited:

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
Right, for your coding use the line just above the highlighted text in the first photo (byte 4-7), which you may already have done, and for byte 11 (second photo) use the highlighted line. When completed D7 should show in the byte 4-7 box and 01 should show in the byte 11 box.
Should be able to get the correct terminals/crimps on eBay, I will try to find the correct ones for you but may not be until Sunday.
These are the 2 settings I'm on at moment that you mentioned to do in earlier post. so I just need to change 2 second setting to byte 11 with box 01?

I f you find the right one that would great, I've tried looking for terminals crimps but didn't find any as not sure what they are called.

Attachments

• 20200822_012615.jpg
    20200822_012615.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20200822_012531.jpg
    20200822_012531.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
These are the 2 settings I'm on at moment that you mentioned to do in earlier post. so I just need to change 2 second setting to byte 11 with box 01?

I f you find the right one that would great, I've tried looking for terminals crimps but didn't find any as not sure what they are called.
Yes the first setting is correct, change the byte 11 setting to match the highlighted line on the second photo.
This is my coding (do not copy it!!!), so the 9th & 10th digits are byte 4-7 and the 23rd & 24th digits are byte 11.
20180216_123909.jpg
If you look at the text file, I have numbered the byte positions up to byte 11.

Attachments

• 5F Coding.txt
    105 bytes · Views: 153
Last edited:

jjsmith72

Dec 28, 2014
Yes the first setting is correct, change the byte 11 setting to match the highlighted line on the second photo.
This is my coding (do not copy it!!!), so the 9th & 10th digits are byte 4-7 and the 23rd & 24th digits are byte 11.
View attachment 17727
If you look at the text file, I have numbered the byte positions up to byte 11.
I've set it to that now and pillar tweeters sound better with Bluetooth and android auto but the radio sounds awful. I'm now getting humming on my alpine subwoofer with build in amp when car is running. They are tapped off left and right front speakers