MK3 Leon Cupra Diffuser Help

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
I have recently received my Cupra rear diffuser for my Leon which will have an FR rear bumper. Does anyone know if the diffuser will fit my bumper? Or know of where I can find this information? (Diffuser is from Maxton Designs)

Cheers in advance.

Sahilj

Aug 25, 2020
Glasgow
If it's a PFL, it most likely won't as I believe the Cupra diffusers have clips on the bumper. I bought a Rieger Cupra diffuser for my FR and realised the clips as well as the diffuser being too long for the underside of the car. In the end just went for a Rieger FR diffuser and I'll just get the garage to cut out the other side for the dual exit once a new system is fitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
If it's a PFL, it most likely won't as I believe the Cupra diffusers have clips on the bumper. I bought a Rieger Cupra diffuser for my FR and realised the clips as well as the diffuser being too long for the underside of the car. In the end just went for a Rieger FR diffuser and I'll just get the garage to cut out the other side for the dual exit once a new system is fitted.

Cheers for the quick response,

I was originally going to get an FR diffuser but all of them seemed to be stuck on or additions to the bumper which ruined it for me, the Cupra diffuser also had the double exits factory which was ideal. Definitely a let down but aw well, will try and see if some body modifications will allow it to be fitted.

Thanks again for the help.

Sahilj

Aug 25, 2020
Glasgow
Cheers for the quick response,

I was originally going to get an FR diffuser but all of them seemed to be stuck on or additions to the bumper which ruined it for me, the Cupra diffuser also had the double exits factory which was ideal. Definitely a let down but aw well, will try and see if some body modifications will allow it to be fitted.

Thanks again for the help.

The Rieger FR diffuser seemed to look the best out of all the FR options for me. For my local bodyshops it just seemed like too much hassle than they were willing to take on.
Hopefully you can find someone local who can get it adapted for you!

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
The Rieger FR diffuser seemed to look the best out of all the FR options for me. For my local bodyshops it just seemed like too much hassle than they were willing to take on.
Hopefully you can find someone local who can get it adapted for you!

If all else fails I will end up looking into the Rieger options, but I mind seeing somewhere on the forums that due to Brexit, they don't ship to the UK anymore? Shall see, thanks again!

Sahilj

Aug 25, 2020
Glasgow
If all else fails I will end up looking into the Rieger options, but I mind seeing somewhere on the forums that due to Brexit, they don't ship to the UK anymore? Shall see, thanks again!

No worries mate. I managed to grab one off eBay from a UK based seller!

Sahilj

Aug 25, 2020
Glasgow
May look into it for sure, I'm just skeptical from eBay sellers due to many products using the exact same images etc. screams scam to me.

Ah of course. I think the seller I bought from was on-lineautosport. Got both my Rieger diffusers from them and they both had (German) instructions and the correct product stickers from Rieger on the diffusers. if all else fails, you're always covered by the eBay guarantee!

Oct 30, 2020
Northern Ireland
Ah of course. I think the seller I bought from was on-lineautosport. Got both my Rieger diffusers from them and they both had (German) instructions and the correct product stickers from Rieger on the diffusers. if all else fails, you're always covered by the eBay guarantee!

Oh yes you're right!
Once again thank you so much for the help!

One last question, from this provider of the diffusers, how long did it take to deliver to your location?

Sahilj

Aug 25, 2020
Glasgow
Oh yes you're right!
Once again thank you so much for the help!

One last question, from this provider of the diffusers, how long did it take to deliver to your location?

I'm based in Central Scotland, I think both diffusers came within 2 working days at the latest for me.