MK4 + Baby

Apr 12, 2010
Turns out we're expecting our first little un! How does the mk4 fair for transporting bambinos about and the general amount of stuff that goes with them? In other words do i now have a perfect excuse for an RS6?

Mines a 5 door so access into the back is easy enough, its just not a consideration i had when buying an ibiza thats for sure!

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
First of all, congratulations :D

Secondly, I have a 5 door and I imagine it would be fine for a little one. Good access and pretty roomy. No experience myself though as I'm 21 and no plans for a baby any time soon :lol:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
I have a Leon and it all depends on the size of the pushchair tbh. Ours when my lad was young took up a lot of room even in the focus we had so would imagine Ibiza would be the same or worse.

Bigger is always better but when you have a car with kids it's abit like a shed the bigger it is the more stuff you fill it with!

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
Congrats! I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old and have no problem fitting all their stuff in my 3 door sport. Need to get a bit inventive packing a large shop with the pushchair but its not too bad. Still wanna get a Leon though!

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
To be honest any car will fit kids and extras in like above needs to be packed well lol

It's when u have a big car then downsize it's a problem because u know how much easier it is and less annoying when there old enough to kick your chair!

Apr 12, 2010
Cheers guys. Having just sat in the back of my own car for the first time (blooming weird) it is suprisingly big. I was impressed at how wide the rear doors open too. To think I chose a 5 door because I don't like the rear quarter on a 3 door lol

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It's often nothing to do with the outside size of the car. For example, my sons car seat doesn't fit 100% on the back seat of my Toledo, I have to wind my seat forward. Conversely, in my other half's Almera there's at least four inches gap between the drivers seat and the car seat, and my missus is the same height as me.

I was thinking of buying her an Ibiza 5 door for her next car, from my brief experiences I think they are plenty big enough for all the necessary baby stuff that she inevitably takes with her.

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
congrats, I've got a 2 yr old and manage just fine, as already said it depends on the push chair. also when buying a car seat try it out in the car, I found the rear seat belt wouldn't fit around the rear facing car seat so that went on the front seat with the air bag off. now she's in a recaro forward facing seat on an ISO fix base there isn't any space between her feet and the back of the drivers seat, I think that's down to the recaro being quite chunky. my girlfriends corsa c has more interior space!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.