mk4 days over for a while

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
ello peeps,

currently typing with one hand and pretty much the worst neck and back pain i have ever had, had a wee accident last night about 11pm on the local acle straight coming home from a little drivaround, doin about 60 on a single carraigeway and a deer walks out just in front of me i swerve but didn't even have time to brake and hit it. the rest of this story is peiced together from what other people saw and what i can remember. the deer luckely went under the car but it liffted the front nearside off the ground and coupled with the rear end slide out the car flipped sideways down the road aparently 4 or 5 times, as i came to a stop on my roof a car coming the other way hit me and spun me on my roof a couple of times. now at a stop the old addrenelin kicked in and i knew i just had to get out the car got the seat belt off and landed on me head and tried to kick the drivers side glass out but wouldn't budge passenger side was crushed closed compleatly luckely the the drivers side rear quarter glass had gone and i draged myself out the car. the rest was pretty much a blur TBH.
so the car is a write off(or i would presume so bein that it now looks like a red pyrimid and the car battery was found 15 ft away:) )

so there you go it's the end off the mk4 for me for the time being now trying to sort out work, the insurance and police so gonna be busy for a while trying to sort all this out, but i'll be around still
fireman said he couldn't beleive someont got out the car full stop let alone climbing out themselves and he said i was a very lucky boy and i tend to agree

cheers for reading guys
Dave

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Strewth! It sounds like you had a very lucky escape.:-o

That road is a killer but I didn't realise you got deer there as well to make things worse.

I hope you get everything sorted out all right. Venison for tea?

Last edited:

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
the ambulance nearly hit the deer i killed on the way to me, and they said how strange to see them on marsh land, on the way home from james pagent hospital we took the acle road and they'd cleared her up but a car in front of us nearly hit another one, as yu can imagine i nearly pooped myself as said "no not again:lol:"

Kenshin2006

Black Magic
Aug 31, 2006
so that was what that was all about! I must have been about 10-15mins behind you. quite the wreckage! sorry about that man, hope you get better!! :)

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Oh my god, that sounds horrible! Tough little cars these Ibizas - im glad your still kicking mate and hope the aches heal up soon!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
Oh my god, that sounds horrible! Tough little cars these Ibizas - im glad your still kicking mate and hope the aches heal up soon!

on a serious not her guys the car done exactly what it was suppose to do and the seat, seat belts and air bags worked perfectly(always wonderd how to test em:D ) to keep me safe while the rest of the car went to hell, it's a credit to SEAT and VW

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
Just as well you didn't end upside down in the dyke at the side of the road. Things could have been even more complicated.

davea

Aug 21, 2006
Stickney
Strewth mate, glad your still hear to tell the tale and to come out of that horrendus accident relatively O.K. :D

To hit a dear is bad enough on its own, but then to roll, and than be hit by another car!! :blink:

Looks like the big chap upstairs was looking over you aswel.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
news report said " man was seen stumbling from wreckage, wearing dear antlers, and was heard mumbling " must get home to post this on SCN""

So come on then, you had one good hand, wheres the pictures!!!!!!!.....lol

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
news report said " man was seen stumbling from wreckage, wearing dear antlers, and was heard mumbling " must get home to post this on SCN""

:lol: cheers ant made me laugh
i post some pics up monday when i go to see the wreckage, spoke to the guy inspecting it and he thought it was a fatality until he looked closer and saw the drivers side wasn't crushed as much, any passangers wouldn't have survived. just keep thinking about over and over in my head and the docs said keep talking about it as it helps.

ps. i still don't like celery:D

Kenshin2006

Black Magic
Aug 31, 2006

I'm with Ant. Nothing like a good wreckage picture :whistle:

Aimez

Glad to hear your okay it must have been frightening stuck in the car upside down be careful about post traumatic stress. I was in an accident at work where a bus hit the wall of our office and the wall and bus nearly killed us and i felt weird for a while after thinking about it.
take care and yes pics are good to look at especially in a few months when you have a new car and can laugh aout it, i have pics of the accident i just mentioned!

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
yep just think shiney new one 2 play with mate so something good can come from this bad, u might want 2 try and get some of ya gear out the wreck 2 if theres anythign worth getting. Anyway glad to hear u alright mate.

mec

The main thing is your ok!!!!

Just think about the nice new car you can get ;-)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.