MK4 Exhausts

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
Well after a year or so ive got bored of my mufflerectomy. At edition38 i got a miltek backbox for £40 (like new) bargain!

ive finally got around to fitting it to the standard ibiza fr tdi exhaust system.

it has a real subtle sound, basically sounds standard but when your round the boot you can hear a nice little burble. Havent opened the taps yet or had the car fully warmed up. Less smoke too.

My mufflerectomy was an oval and this bbox is the twin exit, much preferred i think, suits the mk4.

adam_may

Mar 5, 2010
Sheffield
I have a MK4 ibiza FR TDI. Its has been remapped. Thinking about de-catting the exhaust. Could I just have the cat chopped out and a piece of pipe welded in? What sort of gains would I see? Will it make it much louder? Cheers Adam

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
I have an MK4 1.2 16v and on rear have the cut for twin exaust i belive will fit but the one in there is just single pipe turning down , wanted to change the back box but i have been told it will drain more petrol and add 8 more HP , now i just want it to look better noting else , will it mess with mot ? and does it realy drink more petrol?

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I doubt it. I doubt any exhaust would make a difference cos 1.2 exhausts aren't very restrictive anyway.

Put a back box on it, it will make it sound better, but wont have any performance gain.

The only real thing that will make it drink more fuel is a sports air filter or remap.

kimimaru

Feb 15, 2010
West midlands
Dont think will be that loud its a remus back box its a single wide oval exaust look like the cupra tip at the end , it looks nice and big. i will get it instaled at garage , they will do it for 50 quid , he told me its 1 hour of work

bisto48

May 8, 2010
Oxford
Hi

Ive just bought a FR Tdi ibiza and was wondering what exhaust was on it? I have a feeling its the cupra tdi one but im not sure. Its slightly louder than a standard one (louder than my brothers tdi sport).

I also seem to get a rattle with it when someone sits in the back? Is that to do with the brake line bracket people have mentioned on here?

I would put a picture up but im a newbie and i havent reached my post allowance yet :(

Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.