MK5 Golf GTI wheels

murphster

what does anyone think of me putting these 18" on my LCR? would they look right? would they fit? has anyone got any pics with them fitted?

f9_1_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
Sorry for the hijack but i am also interested in the response as i think these wheels are amazing but weather they look right on a LCR is another thing cheers.

Rikko

MMCrewcupra

Oct 28, 2006
got a mate down my end with these on a blue lc, in my honest opinion, i dont think they suit,

thats just my opinion but there is something about them that doesnt flow with the car,

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
I find this easy to belive as the LCR is such an aggressive looking beast you need the rite mix of everything to keep it looking sweet but a picture would be appreciated if you can get one mate cheers.

Rikko

murphster

I am not sure if it would look right either.. just wanted to gauge opinions and see if it is an option - I like them on the MK5 thou...

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Ok, so I'm rubbish on Photoshop, but curiosity got the better of me

702607_97_full.jpg

I was convinced they wouldn't work, cos they're so obviously Mk5 wheels ... still don't know if I could live with people calling my car "the one with the Golf wheels"

... but actually think they look pretty good [B)]

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
A LCR with Golf GTI wheels,:wtf: Pls NO.
Dont look bad on photoshop pic but in flesh it would bring tears to my eyes

The LCR alloys make the Leon look aggressive & purposeful

Only my opinion

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
...would they clear the brembo's???

Would depend on the offset ... but they'd have to be replicas to fit the Leon anyway, so you'd only be limited by what's available

Interestingly, I've found my Megane brembos are tiny in comparison to CupraR calipers, so if anyone desperately wanted them there is a solution that doesn't involve spacers ;)

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
It looks pretty good imo but like foxes said the LCR wheels make the car i think with plenty of space to see the monster Brembos. Gonna change the colour of the std wheels tho i think to the same colour as the Civic type R wheels as Seat paint man or machine is crap:p cheers.

Rikko

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
They are too flat-sided to suit the Leons lines and angles IMO.

Plus, it would be blindingly obvious you have Golf GTi wheels on your Seat. That's not a good thing, IMO.

needles

while were on the subject of golf alloys on a LCR. Just searched but to no avail for R32 alloys on a black LCR?...Pretty sure they will fit, but looks wise Im not sure? Can anyone with any skill of photoshop please try this for me?....Thanks in advance!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.