MK5 Ibiza bulbs

charnandy

Ibiza Guru
Aug 26, 2008
Anyone on here in the parts dept or know what the following bulbs are for the new ibiza?

1. Sidelight bulb
2. Daytime running bulb for the xenons
3. Rear number plate bulb
4. Interior roof light bulbs
5. Boot bulb
6. Front and rear indicator bulbs

I know some are festoon types and some are 501s but i need to know the measurements of the festoons too if possible. I'll explain why later... ;)

Last edited:

ibizasc-chris

Ibiza SC Sport Driver
Oct 7, 2008
Hi,

I dont really know anything about bulbs, but here is the extract from the manual.

Double Headlamps:

Dipped beam - H7 Long Life
Main Beam - H7
Position - 2x W5W Long Life
Indicator - PY21W

Single Headlamp:

Dipped / Main - H4 Long Life
Position - W5W Long Life
Indicator - PY21W

Xenon Headlights / Self Adjusting

Dipped and Full Beam - D1S
Position W5W Blue Long Life
DRL (Daylight) P21W Super Long Life
Indicators PY21W

Fog Lights

Fog Light Cornering - H11

Rear Lights

Fog Light - P21W
Reverse Gear - R10W
Stop/Position P21 / 5W Long Life
Indicator - PY21W

Side Indicator

Side Indicator - W5W

Registration Plate Light

Registration Plate Light - W5W Long Life

as i said, not sure if these means anything at all. but worth a try.....
(phew glad i finished typing all that)

spireman

bulbs

i see you can get a set of spare bulbs, in a nice seat box, but they are either h4 or h7, do i need both sets or only one and whats the difference

charnandy

Ibiza Guru
Aug 26, 2008
I believe H4 and H7 bulbs are your dipped and main beams, respectively. I think.......

spireman

Thanks, i think it shows you on the Seat website, i will ask dealer. i just hope i have done the right thing buying the sport coupe, ive never had a Seat before. My last three cars have been new VW and i have had nothing but trouble with them, so i suppose a change of manufacturer wont hurt, fingers crossed.

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
The bulb sizes above are all standard sizes, so no trouble finding aftermarkets to fit. My VW Golf mk4 had problems with bulbs and that was down to inadequate wiring which reduced the voltage reaching the bulb itself. noticeable on the front lights. VW/Seat should have this licked by now. Bernie.

ChrWh

Feb 24, 2008
Wht type of headlight does the SC Sport have (59 Plate) is it the single, or the double headlight?

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
and you can change the fog bulbs, but yyou have to take the front bumper off, there was a how too somewhere it was a while ago

dan_wilson87