MK6 Seatbelt safety issue

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Only got temp fix done been advised no set time for the permenant fix unfortunately they didn’t fix the dodgy folding mirrors or CarPlay either.

ToshW

Mar 23, 2018
Sheffield
I took my Ibiza in for the brakes to be looked at & they did the cable fix - service manager said cars would be subject of a recall in or about October when a new centre seat belt unit would be fitted.

MeggJ1911

Dec 5, 2018
I took my Ibiza in for the brakes to be looked at & they did the cable fix - service manager said cars would be subject of a recall in or about October when a new centre seat belt unit would be fitted.
How old is your Ibiza? I’m having BIG issues with the brakes at the minuet

ToshW

Mar 23, 2018
Sheffield
How old is your Ibiza? I’m having BIG issues with the brakes at the minuet

My car is a year old in March (18 plate). Had no problems as such but I get a squeal when turning hard left into a parking space. Also raised that handbrake isn't as good as expected on a new car as it won't hold on Sheffields steep hills sometimes. They reported it was within specifications, but when it goes for first service I will raise it again.

Apart from that the car is fun to drive, economical and still puts a smile on an old man's face.

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Share the handbrake concerns but I put it down to mine having drum brakes. It does work fine when pulled up a lot, but I'm always have to remind my gf that just two clicks is meaningless...

For the seat-belt thing, I've had two recall letters now. The first included the sticker so I promptly ignored that. The next came in a month ago talking about a permanent fix. Our dealer wants to service the cars in their first 6 months regardless of the SEAT schedule so I popped in last week about that anyway and the service receptionist said they would have to call back because they don't have the parts for the seat-belt fix. Given I live in northern Spain, a lot closer to the factory than you guys, it's probably safe to say it's going to take a while to get them all done.

Other complaints? An intermittent crunching noise at low speeds, as if wheel-arch trim is hitting a wheel. I'll try and look at the discs if they're iffy but so far I'm stumped.

Last edited:

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
Share the handbrake concerns but I put it down to mine having drum brakes. It does work fine when pulled up a lot, but I'm always have to remind my gf that just two clicks is meaningless...

For the seat-belt thing, I've had two recall letters now. The first included the sticker so I promptly ignored that. The next came in a month ago talking about a permanent fix. Our dealer wants to service the cars in their first 6 months regardless of the SEAT schedule so I popped in last week about that anyway and the service receptionist said they would have to call back because they don't have the parts for the seat-belt fix. Given I live in northern Spain, a lot closer to the factory than you guys, it's probably safe to say it's going to take a while to get them all done.

Other complaints? An intermittent crunching noise at low speeds, as if wheel trim is hitting a wheel. I'll try and look at the discs if they're iffy but so far I'm stumped.

I think I've had this crunching noise once! I had stopped to let someone cross the road, I didn't apply the handbrake. When I pulled off slowly, the car made this awful noise although no resistance or pulling. It hasn't done it since luckily but still less than 1000 miles on the clock What do you think it could be? I likened it to a sound as if I was trying to drive with the handbrake on, but I wasn't!!

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
I think I've had this crunching noise once! I had stopped to let someone cross the road, I didn't apply the handbrake. When I pulled off slowly, the car made this awful noise although no resistance or pulling. It hasn't done it since luckily but still less than 1000 miles on the clock What do you think it could be? I likened it to a sound as if I was trying to drive with the handbrake on, but I wasn't!!

I wish I knew! Each time my gf drives she forgets to release the handbrake until the car (or me!) alerts her, so maybe something has got a bit stuck? I never put the handbrake on to park so I would normally rule out sticking calipers but maybe it's these drum brakes. I've never had them before so don't know what they can be guilty of.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise