MKV Golf GTi pedals

TDI PEP

LEON MKII FR TDi
Apr 22, 2002
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Visit site
Does anyone know if the MKV Golf Gti pedals will fit on the new LEON. Also how do you get the accelerater pedal off. Have seen them on VAGPARTS.COM thought it would finish the interior off as I am going to fit my SEAT sport gearknob aswell.

Cheers

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
TDI PEP did you get the Golf pedals afterwards? Did they fit ok and without any problems as I am thinking of getting some for when I get mine.

Any pics?

Last edited:

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Rob, just noticed you have a mini cooper. What are they like as my wife wants to get one.
Have you had any reliability problems or is it pretty well screwed together.

Cheers

The Mini is a fantastic drivers car, the handling, the looks the driving experience. Quality of materials is excellent and is well screwed together (although there are a few squeaks and rattles). It does have downsides in that the boot space is terrible, the ride is hard (mine has 17s with sport suspension) and the wind noise is a bit more than normal due to the upright windscreen.

On the whole the car has been pretty reliable the only major probs I've had in nearly 70K is the gearbox diff going (cost £1800 but was done under warranty) and power steering pump (£350 under warranty). Apparently all cars until the 04 face lift suffer gearbox failures as its a common fault. (Pre Face lift cars have an old Rover Gear box, face lift have a getrag box). Dealer service as usual leaves a lot to be desired though.

The other plus is the TLC servicing (for £450 all services are paid for until 80K), so the only thing I've paid for on the car is tyres and brakes!!

It has to be a great car as we are keeping it when the FR comes, (the wife will have it).

Therefore if you can get a face lifted car with TLC and you're laughing!!

Rob

PS. Post some pics of the Mk 5 pedals when you get them..

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
ROB not had a chance to get the Gti pedals yet. I have had a go at removing the accelerator pedal and it was easy. I would say the brake and clutch pedal would be just like when I fitted the LCR pedals to my old Cupra TDi.

Fivetones here are some pics of the gearknob I fitted to my RS.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m243/tdipep/

Thanks Pep

like that instal, think thats going in the Leon, how much is married selling them for?

AR-CoolC

Feb 3, 2006
Lincoln
the wind noise is a bit more than normal due to the upright windscreen...

There is an update to the outer windscreen side trims that reduces the wind noise, basicly it's a foam pad that fill the space between the body and trim.:clap:

I have the dealer part numbers on my work PC, I'll update this post tomorrow if you like.

Sorry for the hy-jack

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
There is an update to the outer windscreen side trims that reduces the wind noise, basicly it's a foam pad that fill the space between the body and trim.:clap:

I have the dealer part numbers on my work PC, I'll update this post tomorrow if you like.

Sorry for the hy-jack

Nice one, that would be handy although I wih I knew about that 2 years ago when I got the car!!!

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
1K2 721 503 L gas pedal
1K2 721 601 L clutch
1K0 721 131 brake

mats & sill strips delivered now, going to be busy this weekend.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise