More colors on Ambient lighting ?

Mar 31, 2022
Hello Again,

Does anybody know if ambient lighting and wraparound lighting will get more colors by coding in the future
The options are very limited.

I discovered that if you choose the drive profile selection in background lighting and choose "individual" as a drive profile you get a purple that its not available in the color palette.

Thanks

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Hello Again,

Does anybody know if ambient lighting and wraparound lighting will get more colors by coding in the future
The options are very limited.

I discovered that if you choose the drive profile selection in background lighting and choose "individual" as a drive profile you get a purple that its not available in the color palette.

Thanks
So far for the Leon no one succeded to add more colors with OBDeleven or VCDS.
On Facebook a guy coded purple but claims he had to do it with VCI or VCS tool.
Could you expand on how you got purple with photos ?

Mar 31, 2022
You have to go to background lighting in vehicle settings > select Drive profile as a light preference > then switch to individual drive profile

Attachments

• AC6EDCF1-4349-48B3-9C72-5F152C4A9227.jpeg
    AC6EDCF1-4349-48B3-9C72-5F152C4A9227.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 991
  • 7379F0DA-7568-4C28-9C53-913B082A5D8F.jpeg
    7379F0DA-7568-4C28-9C53-913B082A5D8F.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 1,222

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
You have to go to background lighting in vehicle settings > select Drive profile as a light preference > then switch to individual drive profile
Thank you very much. Seems like a temporary solution to have access to the purple color for people with a DSG gearbox.
well done 👍 that’s a great find.
I have a manual gearbox so I guess it will be more tricky for me.
I’ll try tomorrow to activate the seat drive profile menu with obd to see if I can replicate the same behavior on my car.
thanks for your hindsight.

on a side note, what is your system firmware ? It’s seems your infotainment menus are different than mine.

Mar 31, 2022
Thank you very much. Seems like a temporary solution to have access to the purple color for people with a DSG gearbox.
well done 👍 that’s a great find.
I have a manual gearbox so I guess it will be more tricky for me.
I’ll try tomorrow to activate the seat drive profile menu with obd to see if I can replicate the same behavior on my car.
thanks for your hindsight.

on a side note, what is your system firmware ? It’s seems your infotainment menus are different than mine.
My car arrived last week so it has to be the latest, which one is the latest so i can ensure it tomorrow ?

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
My car arrived last week so it has to be the latest, which one is the latest so i can ensure it tomorrow ?
Well, latest are 1890 and 1896.
but now that you mention it, I’ve read elsewhere that newest car come from stock with purple and that it appears not possible to code it on older car even if we update to latest firmware

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Moreover, in order to try to see if we could retro engineer the purple color, could you share your unit 9 Interior light hmi config settings ?

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
i have added 10 colors to ambient light including warparound light
Well, as always, it’s more interesting if you share your coding, a photo of the result in the color choice and your firmware version.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Actually it's not about hmi only, many coding in 09 control unit
All the same, If you don’t explain how you got from point A to point B, it won’t be helpful for other people looking to do the same.
in my case, I’ve already got 10 colors from stock, so for me it would be interesting if you succeded to add 10 more and how or if you just retrofitted the ambient lighting and then other may be interested in how you did it.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
To answer nikolas7203, unit 09 is the central eletric unit in obd eleven in which we can modify, to an extent, the coding for ambient light.
Also, for attaczz, you still didn't share what you've done, it would be nice

To continue our search for the purple color,

I need your help:

My problem is to access more colors for the interior led lighting of my Leon 4 (the changes of the leon 3 do not apply to the 4, the menus, submenus, long coding and adaptations are different)

It would seem that these 4 lines of code (this is the factory coding, 10 choices, 10 different colors) in unit 09, under "interior light hmi config"' determine how many choices are possible (2, 10 , 12, 17 , 20 etc..) and what colors are available (redundant or new):

interior_light_hmi_config
Hmi ambient colors bitmask
3FF
Hmi contour colors bitmask
3FF
Hmi ambient colors fod bitmask
3FF
Hmi outline colors fod bitmask
3FF

The problem is that it is a hexadecimal code and it determines both the number of color choices and the different colors that can be accessed.
For example:

8b00ff gives 12 color choices and all are different.
7fffffff gives 20 color choices but these are 2x the same 10.

Not having the technical level, I cannot understand the correlation between a hexadecimal code and its consequences on 2 aspects: number of choices and number of different colors.

Does someone have an idea ?

Greenglass

Jan 15, 2023
Hi, I am trying to get the purple colour available. When I press driving mode under the ambient lighting menu a purple colour shows under the “individual” icon but the colour I actually get in the car is a blue.
when I press the individual icon to see if I can manually select the purple it isnt there.
Anyone know the fix?

Dec 24, 2023
Hello everyone, I am the owner of a Leon 2021 with software version 1940. On Instagram I discovered this page which managed to put the purple LED on the dashboard with Obd. I wrote to him and it is possible to do it but he would need a car, I come from Italy, let's see if I can get him to tell me how and if so I will let you know.
IMG_1057.jpeg

Reactions: Karbonfaiba
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.