More Rear Washer Problems

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Can anyone more proficient in search point me in the right direction for problems with the rear-washer not working? I did a search in the Mk1 Leon forums for "rear washer" and the only problem that I can find is the one where you remove the panel in the boot where the internal light is and re-attach the washer hose. I've taken a look today and it's all connected up as it should be.

Basically, the problem flared up a couple of months ago but I wasn't in any rush to sort it. While it was in for service/MOT in early January though the dealer sorted it out. However, in the past week or so it's gone again. I can hear the pump whirring away but no water ever comes out, and I'm doing a lot of driving on really dirty roads and the rear window is getting really mucky.

Sorry for bringing up a fairly common issue, but I genuinely can't see the thread that I'm looking for in search. Me = useless?

Thanks for any/all help guys

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
Any use to you??

"Just had this problem on my car.

I could see the water p*ssing out near the interior boot light whilst getting someone else to squirt the washers.

It was easy enough to fix thanks to this thread

Take the two screws out near the interior light and the one behind the rear seat then the trim just pulls off easily.

The interior light comes in handy as a torch so you can see what you're doing

Here's some pics to show the trim removed and the culprit"

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yeah, that's the panel I had off today but the pipes appear to be joined up as they should be and there's no sign of water in there. Also, while I was putting the third screw back on (the one near the rear door) the Mrs shouted out to me and I dropped it and can't fing the buggering thing. Gah!

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
tbh i think mines not working either, i hear a buzzing sound, i removed my rear wiper on my last car so im kinda not used to having one, not played around with mine to much don't want a wet carpet - great build quality on these leons lol

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
have you checked the front passenger footwell?
i had this problem last year. basically the join in the boot lid popped off so i re attatched it and then it popped off in the drivers footwell almost emptying the entire bottle in the passenger footwell,
if the motor is spinning the water is being pumped sonewhere.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Yeah, that's what I was worried about. There's no water in the cabin at all, anywhere that I can find anyway. At some point I may have to check the whole length of piping, which I'm not looking forward to. Hopefully I'll be able to check the actual spray nozzle today though and see how that goes.

Thanks again all

Deleted member 20376

the other place it goes is on your boot lid, it comes away there, open your boot slightly then put some news paper around the boot then get some one to press it. my m8s did this and it was coming from underneath the boot panel.

cupra-rich

Dec 28, 2008
coventry
before you start looking for loose hose joint, have look where your spare wheel is for the wash liquid, i found mine was dripping through the lock mechanisim, and finding its way to where the spare wheel is. give it a good squirt first or get someone to do it while you look.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
yea also had this problem the pipe had snaped in the rear arm and water was soaking the boot.also have you yried sticking a pin in the hole mite be blocked and if you use screen wash it blocks and rust the back jet ill find the old 1 out wat had happened to mine over the weekend

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Had another look when I got home a bit back and I can't see any signs of leaks anywhere at all. I'll have another look at it over the weekend. Thanks for all the help guys

Mease

Any use to you??

"Just had this problem on my car.

I could see the water p*ssing out near the interior boot light whilst getting someone else to squirt the washers.

It was easy enough to fix thanks to this thread

Take the two screws out near the interior light and the one behind the rear seat then the trim just pulls off easily.

The interior light comes in handy as a torch so you can see what you're doing

Here's some pics to show the trim removed and the culprit"

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

Excellent post mate:worship: wasn't looking forward to trying to remove the boot lid trim glad I found this post coz I've sorted my washer problem now!

Borosid

RS6, been looking for a fix to this problem, photos helped big time. Job done in 10 mins where garage said 2 hours. Merci Monsiour