MOT Emissions - Just Passed / How to fix

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Put some Shell VPower Nitro + or Esso Supreme 97 or Redex to 'clean out' whatever gunk it can do. 2 tank's full or a bottle of Redex should do the trick...

Reactions: everson38

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
Put some Shell VPower Nitro + or Esso Supreme 97 or Redex to 'clean out' whatever gunk it can do. 2 tank's full or a bottle of Redex should do the trick...
Thanks woll give this a look into

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
ok then, here we go there and the "MOT" is made in the moment, we even have to do things like accelerating the engine to 3000rpm, turning the lights, etc... and braking and turning the steering wheel while the technician checks underneath the car.
Think I would prefer this. I hate people getting in my car so would prefer to do it and the watch lol

Reactions: dm222

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
Think I would prefer this. I hate people getting in my car so would prefer to do it and the watch lol

They still get into the car to test the brakes and dampers.
But we are always there watching, it is all done in sequence like a assembly line

I hate when ppl change the position of my seat, I find it hard to find an optimum position again.

454.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: everson38

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
But we are always there watching, it is all done in sequence like a assembly line

I hate when ppl change the position of my seat, I find it hard to find an optimum position again.

454.jpg
It's crazy to see how different countries and cultures do things. That picture to us in the UK is a bizarre sight to set and MOT like this lol

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

454.jpg

I wouldn't mind getting to watch! Then they could at least explain things / less dodgy testers. Totally agree on the seat position. I've marked mine with little stickers (lines up with the center console - and on the top of the side adjuster). Still caught me out last time when they moved my steering wheel!!!

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
It's crazy to see how different countries and cultures do things. That picture to us in the UK is a bizarre sight to set and MOT like this lol

I wouldn't mind getting to watch! Then they could at least explain things / less dodgy testers. Totally agree on the seat position. I've marked mine with little stickers (lines up with the center console - and on the top of the side adjuster). Still caught me out last time when they moved my steering wheel!!!

I dont know how it is there, but I prefer like this, its done quicly and then I have the car back

Besides I am curious and like to watch.

I did it yesterday in my lunch time.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that the way it is done in UK is almost okay, ie it sounds like in Portugal that these are central government provided regional test centres and while that might work well in densely populated areas of Portugal, in rural areas, people would probably need to travel many Kms to get their car tested.
Another frustration for me with the MOT test stations I use is that none of them offer timed slots - so as I said earlier, you are expected to turn up when they open and leave your car all day! Most MOT test stations in UK are just general or dealership garage workshops which have set up a small area for carrying out car testing, others are in local authority owned workshops that are set up to service local authority vehicles - and it seems like if you have then been certified to test vehicles, then you can not limit that certification to just your own vehicles, which is a bit silly but can mean that these MOT test stations have no interest to making money out of failing and repairing cars.
I'd guess that in UK at least, the workshop that has been certified to perform MOT testing only gets paid for ever car they test, so it is easy to see that most of them will most of the time make more money using the certified MOT tester servicing and repairing cars instead of testing car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.