MOT Time

YorkIbiza

Jan 8, 2008
York, North Yorkshire
Sorry if this has been covered before, done a search but couldnt find an answer.

Anyway my car is up for MOT at the end of the month, does anybody know if headlight mist is a failure? :help:

Just my offside headlight has always got full condensation on the inside, its been like that for about a month to two months and hasnt gone at all. I know I could remove the headlight and dry it out but the problem would just come back. Just wondering thats all as she needs new tyres on the rear and I know those headlights arent cheap!

Any advice/help much appreciated cheers.

tuka_uk

This is not an MOT failure, as long as the visibility of the light is clear should be fine.

I wouldn't mention it to the test centre of your choice, just see what they say ( if anything ) all should be ok from experience.

*** You have mist , I seem to collect hundreds ( literally ) of dead flies in the lights , somehow ** !

Last edited by a moderator:

aaronbromley

TDISport.com Owner
Nov 25, 2004
Lincolnshire
www.TDISport.com
Misting up of the headlights will not be a failure, as with 99% of Ibiza's i am also suffering from this, more so now than previously. It is cured easily by some very small holes drilled into the bottom of the lenses though.

Baz1

Dec 6, 2004
Leicester
My FR passed its first MOT 2 weeks ago first time no probs. Altho they did mess about with the offside headlight which is misted up as they couldnt get the correct beam pattern needed due to it, after a lil messing about they got it to something they could pass it on.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members