motor problems mk2 cupra 2.0 16v

ptnd

, Hi I have a problem with my engine it will not start
only when I pull it on with another car
I have the throttle sensor have already been checked to see whether he received petrol, and I even read it
The readout on the computer that it was the throttle
but the values of the throttle knocked
've already done a different computer since it was not.
has anyone had this problem even
help

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
when you say 'pull it on with another car' do you mean a jumpstart by joining batteries? or by towing it along the road ?

cupraspark

Aug 7, 2008
Huntingdon

Hi mate Have you checked your battery is ok If so is the starter motor turning over do you here the starter motor click or does it make any noise at all?:)

ptnd

ptnd

my starter motor is ok my batterie is ok i hear my motor starting but hes not going on and its not the immobilizer

cupraspark

Aug 7, 2008
Huntingdon

Right mate have you got a good spark pull the ignition lead off stick a screw driver up :whistle: and put it to earth turn over what happens? check all leads you should get one hell of a good spark.
The second is have you got fuel going through
If you ve got know probs with Fuel air and spark and your starter motor and battery are deffantly fine and your imobilizer is fine
Is the static timing ok is your ignition timing right?
If all are ok and i mean ALL
You have big brobs that could mean poor compression etc[:@]
But always check and double check the simple things first.
oh and when try to start it does it turn over very first or very slow?

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
Yeah Check plugs an leads an just give everything a good clean, had same problem after the car sitting for a year an a half, couple of hours cleaning an some tlc an the old boy came back to life, (with a minor cough an splutter) :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.