My 04 leon intermittent glow plug problem

Dec 19, 2009
Stoke
Right guys brought my leon 6 months ago, had a re-ocurring problem with the engine management light coming on. the garage who sold me the car sent it to a garage that wasnt main dealers, 6 visits later changed 2 sets of glow plugs and the engine management light still came on. So this morning took it to main dealers for a full code read and wella it was a stupid £2 battery fuse. Hopefully thats that sorted. :rolleyes:

cupra.steve

I had the same thing happen but Seat couldn't fix it they had the car 4 or 5 times and said they would have to change the whole wiring loom as the computer had run out of ideas! After some help on here it turned out to be the harness as Oldman said. If the problem returns try this.

westoncraig

reviver of old threads :)
Aug 7, 2005
weston-SUPER-mare
same issue! dealer took 5 attempts to find the issue.. i came on here and found the issue in minutes..orderd the part from the dealer and fixed it myself an about an hour!

Dec 19, 2009
Stoke
Right car has not been fixed up until now but seat have started some tests and found that 1 glow plug has snapped off it must of been over tightened now so hopefully will be fixed by midweek hopefully!!!! :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise