My 08 Candy White Cupra

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Yo Craig! :)

Long time no speak! :D

I've not been on here for a while, been doing all sorts of other things and lost track of time! :O Man you've had some serious work done since I last commented!

How're you finding Stage 2+? Those numbers look insane to me haha! I bet you have a Cheshire Cat smile when you hit the pedal? :D

I'm going to bite the bullet and take a shot of the side shot, I'm going to say front brakes? How far off am I if I'm wrong haha! :D

--Lee

Cheers mate much appreciated :)

Yes she responded well buddy it's epic to drive

You are on the money with the brakes.

Looking good as always Craig, though I would go lower on the back ;)

Gloss black pillars?

Cheers Dan :)

Yes I thought the same the rear needs to be a little lower.

R-Tech sticker?

Are you selling the H&Rs mate?

Haha no stickers been on for a while now mate. Someone has already had the H&R's buddy sorry.

A peeping Tom:funk:

:lol:

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Some gravel chippings? :p
Looking good mate .

Haha :p

Cheers Andy appreciated as always mate.

Thought you have gone for the Relentless coilovers Criag?
I got that Diamond White polish you said about, it works really well with little effort.

Was going to get them Kev but decided to get the AP's for now I might upgrade next year but happy with these so we will see. I've still not got any of the white diamond yet buddy but will soon :)

Craig it looks a lot meaner now with that lower stance, the R tech sticker is all I can spot new.

Will

Cheers Will ;)

Could do with a little bit lower on rear yet but for now she's good.

jesus! she must pull like a train! sitting pretty on the coilies too :)

Thank you Krissy much appreciated ;)

Haha yes she goes really well buddy and can surprise lots of other cars :whistle:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
So a fair update on Snow White :)

First off i decided to freshen up the front grills and fit my smaller plate.

Before:

Removed the fog light grills and masked up the main grill

Before any paint I had to fill the original number plate holes then flat them back.This you can see in the above and below pic.

Then I used some plastic primer to do the fog grills

Then gave them two coats of gloss black spray paint

Didn't take any pics doing the main grill but used the same process as before.

Here is the finished job : )

IMO it looks much better and another bonus of the smaller front plate is more flow to the wellycooler :happy:

Next little mod was to fit the R-Tech twin plate heat shield

This works really well and has made a huge difference on the heat that the intake absorbs.

My next job was to replace all four discs and pads.Also fitted new rear dust shields.You can see in the pic I've also got new top mounts and bearings! These got fitted when I did the coilovers.

These are the discs I've fitted,they are M-tec grooved discs black edition.Very good quality and for the money they are bang on

For the rears I've fitted standard pads as that's ideal.For the fronts I've gone for Mintex M1144's

These are excellent pads and I'm very happy with the stopping power they offer and work really well with the new discs.

So some pics of fitting them all : )

The fronts were an easy job to do and didn't take long at all.Rears however were a nightmare due to poor access.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Next up I've purchased A GFB DV+

Very easy job to swap the relative bits over from the Rev G

Some comparison pics side by side with a spare Rev G I've got.

And a close up of the DV+

First impressions are very good the throttle response is instant in all conditions so happy I've done it.As time goes by I'll see what it's really like.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
A little purchase I've done is a autobrite snow foam lance as the one I had(eBay special) wasn't up to the job if I'm honest.

The difference this one make is brilliant and gives much better results compared to the other one

For the mix I use no more than one inch off solution in the bottle and top up with water.

This was after over five mins of dwelling and it's still clearly visible

You can see the discs have bedded in nicely now too : )

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Now onto more exciting things, I've purchased a relentless 3.5" De cat down pipe :p

You can see the 90 degree elbow is the section that is 3.5" then smooths into 3"

This is ideal and should help me unlock the ponies my 200cell was hiding from me :rofl:

Purchased a new set of turbo nuts and a gasket as the ones i had were the originals so for the small cost I got the new ones

In the next pic you can see the new turbo gasket matched up with the downpipe and it's a perfect transition so will flow as good as it possible once fitted

Fitted it last weekend. Lol it hammered it down with rain but as I'm not one to be beaten my solution is obvious.

These pics were taken just before the heavens opened : )

Stupidly I didn't take any decent pics of it fitted but it's all done now.Straight away she seems to be much better mid range and the sound is apocalyptic lmao.

She's booked back in for a session at R-Tech on the 2nd of August so Niki can have a play with the map and see what she will make

As always thanks for reading and any comments

Cheers

Craig

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
I'm looking forward to see how the 3.5" decant performs after your had your trip to r-tech. Its going to be interesting to see the different results.

Scby555

Oct 29, 2004
Can't wait to see what r tech things of your decat, I fancy one myself

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi all :)

Bit of an update for Snow White.

Last weekend was two days of petrol head fun.She attended two shows first on Saturday at tunerfest North Oulton Park and the Sunday at Vagtuner live Donnington Park.

More importantly she's popped her track time cherry.

Couple of pics from Oulton.

Had a great time it was epic and she was absolutely faultless.

Here are a couple of vids from track side

But the best video is from onboard :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVoStcny6Vs

Considering it's the first time on track with her I've not done bad.More important though is I had great fun,didn't crash and or hurt myself or anyone else.

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Then it was onto Donnington the next day :D

Had a great time like last year but the best bit was the 2 Hr open pit lane that I did.

It was epic fun and I pushed her much harder as the session went on.Havent gone through the GoPro footage yet but will upload it once done.

For now here are a few pics that I've got.

Pit lane selfie waiting to go out haha

One of Niki Gower(and his bald head haha)looking keenly at his baby lol

He was very impressed by the cars and my performance and said you are flying dude cracking effort so for him to say that made me very proud.

Compared to Oulton Donnington is a faster circuit and at points was able to get a good mash of the loud pedal in fifth gear.This was achieved both on the hanger straight and the start and finish straight.

Basically entering the straights in 3rd hitting the limiter in 3rd,4th then a good stamp on the accelerator in 5th.

This was a little scary at first and thought to myself.....oh sh@t :-o that was a bad idea lol.But it made me realise how fast I could go and still make the apex.

Overall I'm made up with how she performed over the two days so far it's an awesome package that goes like stink and handles very well.

My current brake setup worked very well for what it is and couldn't have asked for more from it.Saying that though it was the only thing that limited me pushing harder so I'm now looking at a big brake kit and will hopefully get that in the next month or so [B)]

As always thank you for looking :)

Cheers

Craig

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.