My 2000 mk1 Arosa

deathhead

May 27, 2007
Portadown N.I
Heres my wee 2000 sdi arosa as she sits at the minute. Future plans are to get bumpers smoothed and new interior. Its not a quick car but its just a wee daily so need the good fuel consumption and i cant really drive over about 50 with it sitting like this anyhow :).

mods,

Rear dewipered and debadged. Seat badge done matt black front and back. Lower bumpers front and rear sprayed matt black, used to be lightish grey. Matt black stubby aeriel. Coilovers ( wound down ). Retro wiper blades and arms resprayed matt black. 13 x 7j borbet atwies, et 20 with 10mm spacers all round and running on 175 50 13 tyres.. Pressed steel plates and chrome indicator bulbs in front.

Excuse the shockingly bad photography and location.

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0009-2.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Last edited:

gb

here and there
Feb 27, 2007
portglasgow
that a crackin wee car you've got there keep up the good work with it and have you got any further plans for it:clap:

deathhead

May 27, 2007
Portadown N.I
that a crackin wee car you've got there keep up the good work with it and have you got any further plans for it:clap:

Future plans are to get front and rear bumpers smoothed and front plate recess smoothed so can take plate off and leave nice smooth bumper.

Sort out whatever the driveshaft is rubbing on with it being so low :whistle:

Source a black interior from a Lupo.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
cheers for the link - i like that

got an attitude about it :):)

what rims are they ?

olethalb

ibiza gone!!!
Oct 9, 2008
bracknell
can't see pics but if your drive shaft is rubbing it'll be the drivers side and you'll need to get the chassis leg notched, i've got to do it on my mates lupo tdi which has the same problem.

deathhead

May 27, 2007
Portadown N.I
Was thinking of smoothing the ridges out of the front and rear bumper but everyone does it and i think it may lose a bit of character if i did.

What do you all reckon?

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I am keeping mine for the pure character honey - alot of people smooth but, it doesnt suit the MK1 style. Its pure 90's classic, profiles, squareness, low and wide. The danger with MK1's is that once they are smoothed they neither look like and arosa or lupo, like a wee hybrid.

deathhead

May 27, 2007
Portadown N.I
I am keeping mine for the pure character honey - alot of people smooth but, it doesnt suit the MK1 style. Its pure 90's classic, profiles, squareness, low and wide. The danger with MK1's is that once they are smoothed they neither look like and arosa or lupo, like a wee hybrid.

Aye, was kinda thinking this too, you've helped me make up my mind. Cheers