My car on the rollers at TSR

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Just thought I'd post a few videos of my car on the rollers this morning.

One video is really short because my phone memory filled up.

The other is really bad quality because it's done on my :censored:[:@]Song Ericsson phone....the good quality videos are Samsung.

Anyway! :lol: Sorry i didn't know how to turn the videos the right way up....if anyone knows let me know please! I've tried going on my phone settings and on the computer and there's no way i can find to do it.

Anyway, here it is.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Not as much as I'd hoped by a long way.

only 158bhp.

that was at 123mph and 4180rpm.

Torque was max at 87mph and was 252ft/lb.

Hopefully getting it re-remapped soon....

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
I would have said 158bhp and 252ftlbs is pretty good going, if all you've had done is the exhaust and filter (if you're signature is up to date).

Standard 130bhp and 229ftlbs, though we all know the fig quoted for power is rather conservative (145-150 being more likely on standard cars).

T. Spark

I would have said 158bhp and 252ftlbs is pretty good going, if all you've had done is the exhaust and filter (if you're signature is up to date).

Standard 130bhp and 229ftlbs, though we all know the fig quoted for power is rather conservative (145-150 being more likely on standard cars).

He is getting it "re" remapped, which I would assume mean its already mapped, and then 158bhp imho is poor, and 252lb/ft barely noticable over standard on rollers.

Which gear did they do the run in 5th?

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Remember now. Done a couple of months ago, and had clutch problems. If the torque is down, and a new clutch had to be fitted, the old clutch must have been needing replacement soon.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Yella Beeza's right. :)

And Aimez it's the same engine as yours. The 130 tdi. The only thing I've done is decat and smaller back box. and induction kit.

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
The costs must be mounting up now. Did you ever get the flywheel replaced? Or just left it as it is?

Worth trying going back to the place who did the original remap and show them the results, before you spend more money? Might be some sought of guarantee if it's not performing as it should.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
TSR are STILL trying to get Helix to make a clutch to work. So i still have the :censored: rattling flywheel.

It's been 2-3 maybe even 4 weeks now. Like nearly 500 miles on this pigging flywheel. Helix promised the garage it would be made and sent for last Tuesday.....erm.....:confused: not here!

Basically they are just gonna keep calling them everyday. If I dont get it within two weeks, I'm just gonna ask the garage to put a standard clutch back in. The torque is low enough.

And the rolling road session was done at the garage I had the clutch done at, I got a free session out of them so don't have to pay for that.

And the chap that remapped my car has said what I feel, that it's very underpowered and that I shouldn't believe too much of what they've said.
He has a mk4 Ibiza Cupra tdi at nearly 200bhp and his has been done on a rolling road. He knows what he's on about. I know that Matt on here has a standard 130 tdi and he got 123bhp from the same rolling road i went to.

So when i next go up that way, the chap that's remapped my car is going to give it another go with more power to see what it does then.

Plus - with the 1st run, it didn't go right. The power curve was horrendous. The bloke that rr'd it said it could have been spinning on the rollers. Yet that run produced the most torque and bhp. Which confuses me. :confused::shrug:

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Maybe it's a rolling road that reads too low. Might not be the remap that's the problem. Might need recalibrating.

Cheaper to try another one than pay for someone else to remap what's been done.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi Mate i noticed this pic in your gallary.....

DSC00064.jpg

is this your car?? would like to know what intercooler pipe is on there and also what all the other stuff by the airbox is, it all looks like cooling stuff to me and thats what i'm looking for something to bring intake tems down and i'm also looking to replace all the pipes from the egr downwards because they keep popping off!!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Hi Mate i noticed this pic in your gallary.....

DSC00064.jpg

Im afraid its not my car. :( Its a Skoda Fabia diesel. the things near the airbox is Nitrous. boot is packed full of it! He's a member of Briskoda but is on here somewhere.

And no those figures are at the flywheel. it was 107bhp at the wheels! :cry: not happy at all. im not paying for the remap to be put up by more power.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
^^^ It certainly would.

Dodgy rolling road if you ask me.

if it was 160flywheel figs, then whp would be around 130ish at least

Edit: That piccie is of devonutopia's fabia, running notrous and propane i believe, around 260bhp i think