My jabbasport k03s logs(Would it Work with a GT2x)

jamiebennett81

Yeah a few people have said that tbh just looking for someone Local''ish'' to manchester like Rs tuning ive heard nothing but awesome reviews about them..

to be fair, its not worth their time or money, its not a popular unit and they would make a loss for the time (cost per hour) to spend mapping it

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you sure you want to go for a gt2x?

do you like the urge/torque of the k03s?

you will loose that when going gt2x

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Its ABIT late for that info bill the turbo is already here.. and i got it for the same price as a k03s lol

Theres a few wifes tails going about with this Gt2x rob and beattie as few overs highly rate it...Overs kinda thing its ok and others hate it lol,.,.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
well, take it from me, and the few i have seen, mapped, logged, and tweaked...
expect less torque, less shove from low rpm, and th elag you get with a proper BT, but without the benefit of the higher power proper BT's provide. None of this is wives tales, just plain facts.

good luck tho.
hope your not too dissapointed after you fit it, map it etc.

:thumbup:

jamiebennett81

well, take it from me, and the few i have seen, mapped, logged, and tweaked...
expect less torque, less shove from low rpm, and th elag you get with a proper BT, but without the benefit of the higher power proper BT's provide. None of this is wives tales, just plain facts.

good luck tho.
hope your not too dissapointed after you fit it, map it etc.

:thumbup:

only slight advantage is it pulls harder nearer top end that the k03s, but marginally, and with too much drive, spool, and torque lost lower down - disappointing unit IMO

roll on the gt28

Danny, drive uber carefully mate until you get everything sorted, especially with not running 225 injectors yet

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Its not all about the numbers though, Danny. Its how it drives on the road that counts, ie fast spool and low end torque.

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Im going to Keep it and Run it out..see what ive think..i can always sell it on..

I seen this from a post on cupra matt thread when he fitted the Gt2x...ive just bought a MBC aswell

Last night i fitted the GT2X turbo kit.

Does it work with stage 2 REVO?

Well i would have to say YES. Running S3 injectors @ 4 BAR with a S3 MAF and S3 TIP with boost controller. Before installing the boost controller i gave it a run up the road to find it wasn't happy, Peaking @ 25 PSI then dropping to 10 PSI straight away popping and farting etc.

Installed boost controller and set at 15 PSI for safe measure until it is remapped.
I must say it goes a lot better @ 15 PSI than the K03S did @ 22PSI. Iam very impresssed with it.

It takes some getting used to as it is quite laggy, it starts pulling hard @ 3500 RPM with not a lot before hand, it pulls very well to the redline holding 15 PSI easily. The exhaust housing is much bigger than the K03S housing.

It will be mapped by Jim @ Star performance on a 1.25 BAR map, to produce around 280 - 290 BHP.

Fitting was relatively simple and took about 8 Hours labour with the use of a 2 post ramp. A few modifications are required to make this kit fit, but i will explain all in the guide ( when i get round to it)

All i need to now is to install the BMC CDA when it arrives, tidy up some wires etc and get it mapped. THEN LET THE FUN BEGIN

jamiebennett81

I know im starting to regret buyin it now...i only paid 350quid posted for the lot...

suck it and see mate, dont become disheartened before you have tried it

I made 272 @ 1.1bar.....it's now running 1.4:)

it is definitley faster top end, and sales to silly figures

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
I know im starting to regret buyin it now

Danny with the texts you've been sending me over the last few days, i know your like a little kid at christmas with this turbo lol
Just get everything sorted out and wap it on and see how it goes, its what you think that matters anyways, if your happy with it then your happy with it, your the one driving it mate
My turbo might not be to everyones taste but i love it :D

jamiebennett81

Danny with the texts you've been sending me over the last few days, i know your like a little kid at christmas with this turbo lol
Just get everything sorted out and wap it on and see how it goes, its what you think that matters anyways, if your happy with it then your happy with it, your the one driving it mate
My turbo might not be to everyones taste but i love it :D

exactly mate, everyone is different and I really hope Danny is pleased with it

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Just Having a convo with Cupra-matt the 1st to do the gtx2 and he said fit it along with the MBC and pull the boost right back but log the fueling and the other usal logs..It isnt a daily driver and i use it around 3 times i wouldn't dare drive it hard...

will be around a week or so till i get the map done...

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
so can i run this on my jabba map bill?

till i get it mapped just not drive it hard

if you dont have it already, invest in a wideband gauge so you can see what the fuelings like. it will help you decide if tweeks to a map vs new custom map will get you what you want..

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just Having a convo with Cupra-matt the 1st to do the gtx2 and he said fit it along with the MBC and pull the boost right back but log the fueling and the other usal logs..It isnt a daily driver and i use it around 3 times i wouldn't dare drive it hard...

will be around a week or so till i get the map done...

How will you log the a/f usefully on a narrowband?

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Ta bill im going to look for a gauge ect now...

Mork- My mistake u cant log the fuel ratio ect unless on a RR plus i have a Narrow band senso?

Cupra-matt..
Just told me to fit the injector as soon as i get them so i don't max them out while driving..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.