My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

jonbon82

that would be spot on if you could send us a post code, give me an idea of where to head. would be nice to see your car and get a few ideas for mine.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
He's the oil temp gauge, Nomad gauge holder and forge 10mm spacers.
null_zpse429658a.jpg

Today I took a trip to R tech to pick up the carbon SCC splitter that DK had very kindly donated to my aero project. Thank Darren you're a star!!!:clap:
Mylo was there having some work done on his car and map fettling. It was good to meet everyone and I can't wait to go back for the map!:D
I've also bought a LCR spoiler that I'm going to play around with for some more down force and the diffuser I bought a while ago.
null_zps0452ccd4.jpg

Just need some time now to get on with it. I'm also thinking of moving the LCR alloys on and getting a set of second hand 17's to put some track/summer rubber on.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Car insurance time!!! After a long time with Adrian Flux they decided that this year they wanted to bend me over and rape me. I rang them and asked if they could beat the price they had quoted. To be told they would only offer a lower price if I had quotes from other company's. In how many other businesses would you be told to go talk to there competitors!?!? Go figure?

So I did and got a great quote from Sky insurance which includes the up coming re map and saved me nearly £200 a year. Their track day cover is also reasonable and are very good to deal with over the phone. :)

It's just a shame that Adrian Flux didn't try harder for my long term loyalty.:shrug:

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Bit late now but next year try Need To Insure. They've been really good for me, I was with them 2 years ago, went to Adrian Flux last year and back to Need To Insure this year again. They got me a good policy this time round, can't remember who the underwriter is but the only mods that affect the premium are ones which increase power/torque output, so just the Revo map basically. Worth a shot next year.

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Seems pretty poor from the insurance company tbh. Bet if you were a new customer they would of done a better price! I was with admiral for 3 years and they refused to budge on the last renewal price, so i rang HIC insurance and they sorted me out with £300 off the quote from admiral. Spot on. Did you make it along to that lincoln vag meet in the end?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Shame how Flux treated you. I got different services from them back in March, they knocked £250 off their silly renewal price I was sent through. I did shop around and no one could beat it.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Yeap insurance is a PITA!

I finally got my nomad A pillar holder and stack boost/oil temp gauges fitted!
null_zpsf37e1762.jpg

null_zps1dc8258c.jpg

null_zps503686ec.jpg

Given my car a good wash ready for another wash, clay bar, polish and wax this week. Really looking forward to inters as I've never been before!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Are you going to fit wmi prior to mapping.

No the plan is to get it mapped then next year WMI and engine build. I can't streach to both at the moment but its next after the map. I know that I should fit WMI first but with hitting limp mod so often I need to sort that out first.
Im also very interested in what Nick and beach buggy are up to with the TFSI K04. If it works it'll make things interesting for us with 1.8t!;)

Last edited:

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
No the plan is to get it mapped then next year WMI and engine build. I can't streach to both at the moment but its next after the map. I know that I should fit WMI first but with hitting limp mod so often I need to sort that out first.
Im also very interested in what Nick and beach buggy are up to with the TFSI K04. If it works it'll make things interesting for us with 1.8t!;)

Indeed it is very interesting!

My first time at inters too

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Was this month but had a set back with my other car.

Think I'm going to sort arbs out then leave it till after winter and possibly start building the spare engine. But that could all change tomorrow I'm undecided lol.

Bet you can't wait for yours

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Yes I can't wait to see what Niki can do with it. I've never been in a stage 2 LCR so it should be a fun drive home. ARBs are a good mod they'll go nicely with your new coil overs and poly'd wish bones.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Neither had I then I went in Tim's and his is pulled back abit!! My god I was shocked but more importantly the way his corners is ridiculous

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Agreed. They're so much better with the handling sorted out they also need a LSD!

I got fed up with the crap MKIV arm rest so finally got around to fitting the proper arm res for the Leon. It looks and feels so much better. So for the rubbish photo.
null_zps28d314e5.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members