My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
More great work mate, shame about the lacquer peel but it still looks great.

I like the sound of this :thumbup:

Need to see this car in the flesh sometime :) absolutely love it

Still looks good as ever mate. Some great work going on for the air tank. Looks really tidy :)

Respray and maybe new wheels for 2014 season!? ;)

I don't know how I've missed this thread for so long!

Some great work you've done. :thumbup:

no wheels for me thanks, there's only a couple of other things I'll probably (money permitting) do to it now.

Cheers guys. Yep, no new wheels for me. I love em. Now, what goes behind them is the key... Hint for 2014 Tom...

My compressor arrived today. Whoop :D It should be on for Sunday hopefully.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Cars looking in great shape mate,I'm in 2 minds about my wheels but like you i think i will stick with them !

Thanks mate. Yeah, on the wheel front, the best wheels have already been used and too much of a good thing takes away its originality. The only wheel that I would consider, that isn't in the OEM VAG range. is the 19inch wheel used by Probee (Aaron) from SCN. Awesome wheel but it would definitely draw the looks of the car away from OEM+ finish that I love.

Definitely no new wheels... It's in writing now so that should stop the peer pressure :p

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Boo get some wheels!!! What brakes are you thinking of?

First thoughts are some Cayenne 6 pot Brembo 18zs with 356mm discs up front and maybe the 300mm rear conversion, purely for aesthetic purposes. We'll see how a cheeky bid goes on a set of callipers on eBay... They're not a priority but I always have an eye out for a bargain :)

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Have a word with Alex as he's doing a sexy brake conversion for the MKII's using Aston Martin, Brembo six pots.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
As mentioned in an earlier post, my Airlift Compressor arrived yesterday. In between parenting duties, I've managed to fit it to the mounting plate and get it plumbed in.

DSC_0191_zps7e5a2a9b.jpg

DSC_0193_zps41b36829.jpg

DSC_0195_zpsb30beb17.jpg

291b2d2f-03e1-40b3-b1da-945e540c251d_zps84c70c4a.jpg

The air tank is running a 160 PSI on to 200 PSI off pressure switch, so allows for 6 lifts; I chose this pressure switch so that the compressor isn't cycling too much, making for a nice driving experience. Fill time for the tank is around 1 min 45 from empty to full, so is pretty well spec'd. I'll make a video tomorrow to give you guys an idea of the lift and drop times. One very very happy motorist this evening... finally the airlift system is finished :)

Last edited:

Richy Cupra

Fully paid member
Jul 6, 2011
Essex
Top work mate, or shall i say a work of art lol. From the photos though you can't really notice the lacquer peel, compared to other cars anyway.

Keep it up bud :D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
How much have you paid for the lift kit?

The Static+ Coilover helpers were £375 (including lines and fittings). I've spent £200 on compressors (1st one goosed), £70 on the 2 gallon air tank, £15 for 2 solenoids and the wiring/fuses/switches were free via my dad. My hard graft to configure it all and fit it was free too. Excellent kit for those that want to avoid scraping those humps and bumps. I'm all about shopping around and sourcing the parts - it's all part of the fun. Would I do it again? Hmmm... the cost of the KWs and kit would probably come close to a decent second hand full air suspension system. Very happy with the coilover set-up though :)

Top work mate, or shall i say a work of art lol. From the photos though you can't really notice the lacquer peel, compared to other cars anyway.

Keep it up bud :D

It's only a tiny piece but I know it's there :hide:

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
These are the AKS brakes.
null_zpsf18ed01e.jpg

They're only 4pots but if I need bigger brakes these are what I'm going for.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Oooooooooooo brakes brakes brakes. I'm on the hunt for some. Going to burn my current setup quick time on track to give me a excuse to buy some sexy brakes :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
These are the AKS brakes.
null_zpsf18ed01e.jpg

They're only 4pots but if I need bigger brakes these are what I'm going for.

They're some lovely looking 2-piece discs. What size are they? I'll google AKS and see if they have a website. This site is a bad influence some times (most of the time) :)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Ksport do some nice brakes. Saw Dan Underwoods recently and they do look tasty. They have different sizes for the Leon and reasonable prices if you ask me

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Ksport do some nice brakes. Saw Dan Underwoods recently and they do look tasty. They have different sizes for the Leon and reasonable prices if you ask me

Yeah, I've seen them. Pretty good for around £900. However, I want to stick with the Brembos and a nice floating disc combo. I think 8 pots would be overkill - but some lambo Brembos would look sexual [B)]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.