My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Maybe I'm just being a plumb...

I've married up the disc against the caliper, and Maz you're right. The calipers with fresh paint and being appropriately detailed will look magic. I was just hung up on the fixings for the floating aspect, but I can be happy enough with the fixed 2-piece.

null_zps704912b2.jpg

null_zpsa09a901b.jpg

null_zps28965326.jpg

null_zps4de2b557.jpg

Well, with me having a 'me' moment, I've thought about them and I'm happy now that I have a plan. The fixing bolts are rather dull so I'll replace those with stainless ones to add to the detail, whilst I might powder coat my spacers to match my wheel colour.

Derek, my back up plan was using the Audi RS6 rear 356 mm drilled 1 piece discs, but this would have meant having the bolt pattern drilled from 112 to 100.

My wife has banned me from spending anymore money on the garage ornament this year, so I'll be waiting until the new year to buy the rear 2-piece discs and caliper adapters. Hopefully I'll be able to steal the odd hour to refurb the calipers over the winter months.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Doesn't appear to be any chips. Bit of SRP may bring them up?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
There are quite a few chips Maz. I'll enjoy the refurbishment project. It's good to have a project :) I look forward to reading you mammoth detailing write up for your lovely Porsche - not at all envious...

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Bare in mind thermal expansion rates if changing rotor bolts, not sure what they are made of normally but with an aluminium bell and steel disc it may expand quick enough to snap the stainless bolt

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Bare in mind thermal expansion rates if changing rotor bolts, not sure what they are made of normally but with an aluminium bell and steel disc it may expand quick enough to snap the stainless bolt

AP do a S/S bolt set. If I was that concerned, I could either polish them myself or have the heads chromed. Thanks though.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Just for the 2 front disc's ? I better start saving :think:

Yep, just for the two discs. There are cheaper ways of upgrading; single piece OEM discs from an R32 (334 or 345 mm), CL55 or RS6 (356 mm). If you're in the market for upgrading your front brakes, p.m Ronin (Tim). He might be able to help with purchasing a second hand Forge set up :)

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Sexy breaks. I always wanted to upgrade to something like this but doesn't look like I will get a chance now. Look forward to seeing how you get on

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Looking forward to seeing these fitted mate. Tbh you'll be happier when you see them then but as Maz says, function over form and all that.

I did consider the K-Sport 8 pots with 356mm discs, but the £££ and where I am with the car I don't think I will now but that's the route I would probably take myself.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Looking forward to seeing these fitted mate. Tbh you'll be happier when you see them then but as Maz says, function over form and all that.

I did consider the K-Sport 8 pots with 356mm discs, but the £££ and where I am with the car I don't think I will now but that's the route I would probably take myself.

I think that Brembo braking system is plenty string just the discs that let the system down. A disc upgrade in size should sort that out i.e badger5 upgrade?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I think that Brembo braking system is plenty string just the discs that let the system down. A disc upgrade in size should sort that out i.e badger5 upgrade?

Brembo's are 4 pot, K-Sports are 8.

Yes discs help but if I was upgrading I would go much bigger.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
I did and what an enormous mistake it was

Well I hope that with my Brembo 6 pots and the best selection of brake pads, I'll be able to achieve a better set-up than I presently have, and that you have presently Tim. Alex has some mega upgrades at AKS using 4 pot Aston Martin Brembo calipers and 370 mm discs???

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Is steer clear of the Godspeed two piece discs I bought as well. Prawn bought them off me and they didn't last a full day at Spa before they warped and put an end to play. The best brakes I've ever had where AP 4pots. They're a very good set up.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Is steer clear of the Godspeed two piece discs I bought as well. Prawn bought them off me and they didn't last a full day at Spa before they warped and put an end to play. The best brakes I've ever had where AP 4pots. They're a very good set up.

Well, I didn't go Godspeed so that's ok! AP don't do bells for the LCR so whilst that would have been my first choice, I didn't want to pay for custom bells. I've gone for this set-up and I think it'll suit what i want - fast road. Whilst I can appreciate people have had bad experiences with certain set-ups and companies, this is the set-up I've gone for and I'll judge in time how it has worked out for me.

I agree with AP being awesome but they are stupid money.

My APs where 295x28 rotors and they don't keep them in stock, only made to order and when the VaT and P&P was added they where over 600notes each. A pair of bolt kits is expensive enough.

Calipers are massive and weigh so little tho.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Well, I didn't go Godspeed so that's ok! AP don't do bells for the LCR so whilst that would have been my first choice, I didn't want to pay for custom bells. I've gone for this set-up and I think it'll suit what i want - fast road. Whilst I can appreciate people have had bad experiences with certain set-ups and companies, this is the set-up I've gone for and I'll judge in time how it has worked out for me.

Sorry I meant it more in the context of the which brakes discussion. Brakes are one area where you should pay that little more as the Godspeed have proved. That's way I'm unsure of the K sports?
Any way sorry to derail your thread. You've made a good choice with the Brembo's.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.