My Leon FR, aka the boat :-)

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
I just put my FR through hell, trying to get to worcester!!!

Travelled nearly 105 miles there through the rain only to have to turn back, on the way back I nearly killed it :cry: it almost died in a flooded road that 4X4's were having trouble getting through, but my little FR managed to get me back home :D

Anyone know what problems I should look out for in the morning? as its been through some SERIOUS water??

Just had to share that with you

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
How many miles did you do after you went through the water? If you did quite a lot, id be quite confident since it would have given everything a chance to dry out..

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
How many miles did you do after you went through the water? If you did quite a lot, id be quite confident since it would have given everything a chance to dry out..

I did about 90 miles of, once the floods were out of the way, quet spirited driving :D oh my word is it faster than my old Cupra 1.8T

I managed to get most of the water out of the fog lights earlier, but there is still some fogging on them :(

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Zenith Grey FR. Bulletproof :D

You probably drove plenty enough to evaporate the excess water you have collected ;)

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Seemed like it I have to say, :)

It drives fine and still goes like s**t of a shovel as they say, but its still a bit worrying when I look back and remember going through water that a bloke in a Discovery thought twice about!!

Who thought a hot hatch could be as good as a 4X4 at the off road stuff hey?? haha

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
on a serious note, hot cats dont like cold water. listen for rattly exhaust, they sometimes tend to crack under thermal shock.

Yeah I was worried about that :cry: but all seem well at the moment, no lights on the dash or anything!!

I wouldn't like to guess the depth of the water but a A6 was stuck in the middle of the road!! :-o I'm trying not to think about it at the mo, it scares me too much

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I found my clutch slipping after going through a particularly nasty flood late Friday, couple of miles later it must have dried out as it was fine again.

Interestingly it is also MUCH lighter than it was before :)

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
I found my clutch slipping after going through a particularly nasty flood late Friday, couple of miles later it must have dried out as it was fine again.

Interestingly it is also MUCH lighter than it was before :)

Yeah mine did that as well, I thought I'd buggered it, but a few miles later it was fine.

The only problem I have now is I keep on listening for things just in case there is something wrong, and the more I listen the more things I hear!! arghhhhhh :headhurt:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.