my new install

MMCrewcupra

Oct 28, 2006
hey people

just a few pics of the motor, i no a few of you saw it, your thoughts would be cool
got a few other things to do then the inside is all done

7364963a4180796481b538618782l.jpg

7364963a4180804105b346609919l.jpg

7364963a4180804271b593251357l.jpg

7364963a4180809244b136712185l.jpg

7364963a4180809398b967147988l.jpg

7364963a4180809492b782213239l.jpg

7364963a4180809557b219995326l.jpg

7364963a4180813650b894115841l.jpg

7364963a4180813722b701026623l.jpg

7364963a4180813799b407528471l.jpg

hope u like lol

Steve GTI

Feb 26, 2007
What speakers are you using? By the looks of it your more worried about what it looks like than what it will sound like! Surely with 8 co-axial speakers there is no need for 6*9's!

Plus would it not of been better going for some nice components?

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
I have to say I'm not liking that. I'm more interested in SQ than volume I know but there just seems to be too many speakers in there. Plus for me everything looks out of place, nothing is blended into the panels so it all looks "stuck on"

Sorry

Pete

high on dirt

Jun 25, 2006
Are you addicted to fibre glass?

Not keen on this at all, its everywhere like leaving a child in a white room with a yellow felt tip it looks a mess.

Deleted member 12466

I like the front tv....thats about it, too much yellow about, should've done it in black!!!

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It's obvious a massive amount of work has gone into that, so fair play to you. And fair play for wanting to do something different and individual. But...

The entire install being on show simply screams 'steal me' and is inviting a brick through the window. With that much on show... just think how much must be hidden out of view?

The speakers aren't mounted into their pods properly, especially on the shelf. Did you not trial fit before painting?

Why do you need that many speakers? And that many brands of speaker too? Did you have them all knocking around at home and felt a need to use them all? The sound produced must be extremely unbalanced with that many types, brands and sizes of speaker in that many positions and that many angles.

What inspired the roof lining? And how is it attached to the roof? That's a headache waiting to happen, surely?

The speaker pods on the doors look like they intrude quite far into the leg space. Do they not hit you when you're driving?

And how much weight have you just added to the car? Fuel economy and performance must be dire now?

I feel bad in a way for saying all this, but you did ask for opinions. If I'm honest, I think you could have made a much more respectable, much better sounding install if you had planned it a bit better.

beefy

Oct 28, 2006
And how much weight have you just added to the car? Fuel economy and performance must be dire now?

at least you wont have to lower it now:lol:

i hope you didnt leave your cd's in the glovebox

it is your project and it is unique, if you like it thats all that matters

MMCrewcupra

Oct 28, 2006
dont mind honest opinions, just to add they are all the same make, for a start,
The roof lining is bloted to the roof so no Headaches waiting to happen,
the sound is now unbalanced at all, i have tweeters, components and subs, thats it,
the 6x9ers were not in properly when i took the pic,
weight and petrol doesnt bother me, dont see the point on being like everyone else, looking at the same car after the same car after the same car, if people want to be the same as everyone else and have LCR bumpers with the same splitter and the same wheels, then by all means go for it, but i dont, there is only so many times you can go to a show and look down the line and see no difference between anyones cars at all, that to me is pointless, yes its taken me a while but i like to be different,

with regards to the speaker pods, why keep speakers hidden behind the "original" grils, that to me is pointless,

ith regards to waisting money, dont see how thats a point, everyone spends money on what they like, if mine is keeping me out of trouble doing different things to my car then so be it,

people mod theres the way they want, i dont see why i cant have my car completely different than every other leon, im not a follower sorry guys, if u would of prefered me just adding a fabia wiper and an iar freshener like everyone else then thats not me, that doesnt make my car any diff than anyone elses,

Deleted member 12466

ok calm down......just our opinions, u did ask for it

i siad it looks ok, just be better in black (in my opinion)

MMCrewcupra

Oct 28, 2006
no i understand that, and all opinions are taken on board, the thing that gets me is when one person goes, its like a snow ball down hill, its like that on every forum i go onto,

i understand its to not possible everyones taste on here and thats fine but i think there are ways to say things,

not having a go, at all but i just thinks its funny, at the gti show at santapod i had a couple of guys come up to me and say well done, looks good different, wish they had the time, patience, keep up the good work, mint bla bla and that to me makes me feel proud to actually have the car that people appreciate, and take note off, that gives me a buzz,

i had the same with my old pug, i like to hav a crowd around my car, maybe thats just me, maybe i like to show off, i dont like being at the shows and for someone to look at my car, take a glimps and then walk off, cus that drives me harder to make it even more different, i guess im just completely different than all u guys hey

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
The problem I see with the install is more that the only consistant part of it is the colour.

Nothing there looks like it was "meant" to be there. Al the builds look lke they don't fit properly and don't blend into the panels they're fixed to.

You also say you have component speakers. Actually you're running coaxials. The difference being the tweeters are fixed in the center of the midrange.

I'd have said something like this http://www.icecavern.com/gallery_new.php?gal_item=20 would generate just as much attention, but looks more integrated to the car interior.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an install. I usually have loads of kit in my own cars ( kind of between installs right now though ) but with a bit of thought you can create something that has visual impact, but at the same time looks like it belongs in the car.

Pete

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.