my new install

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I'm not saying you shouldn't have an install. I usually have loads of kit in my own cars ( kind of between installs right now though ) but with a bit of thought you can create something that has visual impact, but at the same time looks like it belongs in the car.

Pete

That's what I was (badly) trying to say in my last sentence.

You obviously have some talent for this sort of thing, you can see that as the finish isn't bad at all... uneven in places... but pretty good. But all you seem to have done is create lots of individual pieces and plonked them at random around the car.

The link Pete gave shows what can be done without going OTT, but whilst still remaining respectable, individual and unique.

Bigger doesn't always equal better.

And please note that nobody is getting at you, nobody is trying to be horrible for the sake of it. But you asked for opinions and that's what you got. Don't take it to heart and don't ask if you don't want criticism.

Mat

I'd have to agree with everything Ice Cavern has said,

It all looks like its glued on, and just stuck there. Nothing smothed into the panels etc.

But hey, as long as you like it, that's all that matters!

HarveyGTI

I think what you need to do here is to take some decent pics of the car, so to give us some prespective of what it looks like, as most of the pics are sone quite close up or are of a poor quality - thats my only suggestion :)

not to my taste, but not going to slate it either, each to their own

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
I strongly agree with icecavern
nothing seems to blend, every thing seems to stand alone
personally its an eye sore and is all a little too vulger.
especially the parcel shelf blob it just sits plonked in the middle.

I appreciate individuality and enthusiasum i just think a little more planning and organisation was needed

the monitor in the dash seems to be the only thing the follows contors of the car and conpliments the rest of the cockpit

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
I'm not personally a great fan of sound systems i'm more a go faster person, I think the concept looks really good and i think its one of those things prob looks alright in the flesh but photo's don't do it justice, but hats off to you mate i could never be that commited to having a loud sound system lol i'm sure once you have tidied it up abit it will look awesome keep us posted!!!

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
There is also i age old saying too may cooks spoil the broth!

there is no need for so many speakers when half of that in HIGH quality will do a much better job

too many just distaught the sound an rattle the **** out of the body work and panels.

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
I agree it does look a bit thrown in but good effort, just not to my tastes (at all),
As for the Honda in icecavern stuff - i'm not that impressed to be honest!
Too much carpet not enough imagination for a full rear install!

As said - everyones intitled to their opinion, just mine so this isn't a dig!

Marsden1002

Jun 22, 2007
do you work at a fiberglass factory and they are paying you in this stuff . . . . ?

Anyways, i think it does look rubbish, but on the other hand it is unsuaul. At least you have not just bolted down a 10,000watt sub in the boot and left it like that, at least you have (in your own way) found places to put everything which, i imagine not easy

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
I think with that much effort and time, and money, it could have been absolutely fantastic, you have to appreciate the fact that he has created some amazing features, allbeit very in your face and aggresive.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.