My poor seat leon FR needs repairs HELP!?

Nappa

Jun 3, 2016
Back in August I was driving down the road as you do and a lexus pulled out and I hit into his driver side. Wasn't going to fast thankfully at around 25mph.

Insurers have just paid me out and I've bought the car back for less than £700 I want to repair it and get it back on the road as a CAT-D.

Don't think there's much damage if any to the frame work, couple people have had a look and say it's just cosmetic What do you guys think?

I've alreadY bought a bumper and bonnet in basically brand new condition all matching colour for £230. Just need a drivers wing panel now and a headlight which I've priced at approx £170.

So £400 in parts all in. Do you Think i can get it back on the roads for under £1000?

Few pics

This pic is the car back from the insurers.. they have removed all bolts and screws so it's sitting funny on the car at the minute.

26fddf11aa9c1c3621f9b4381d5f83d7.jpg

These are pics of the car straight after accident.

fb2cf6521bbbfc0ac16628c91abec992.jpg

10dde208d5d7625719ced0dbdef56890.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
It's probably not what you want to hear but if I were you, I'd break the car and sell the parts. Use the cash to go towards a newer FR or maybe a Cupra. It would likely cost a good bit more than £1000 to fix it properly and to a good standard and even after all that, it's still a Cat-D which will lower the resale value and put a lot of buyers off (needlessly I hasten to add but it's just the way car buyers are).

Nappa

Jun 3, 2016
I picked up an as good as new front bumper and bonnet for £230 today all matching paint.

Have seen a few driver side wing panels for around £80 too (also colour correct)

So around £310 in parts so far.

I don't mind driving the cat d myself as I know it was nothing serious and custom it out a bit. I phoned the insurers repairer who deemed the car uneconomical for repair and he said it was just panels that needed fixing the frame itself was ok. So fingers crossed

Is it simple enough to fit the bonnet, bumper and side panel?

Last edited:

Marty skywalker

Jan 9, 2017
If there's no damage to the inner wings and chassis leg's you could repair at a reasonable cost. I would advice to check for damage to the inner wings and chassis leg's if OK should just be the case of bolting on parts. Key here is to source you part's secondhand in good condition and the same colour as your own , this way you will save a fortune on spraying your parts, also check front panel and all rads.. Good luck hope this helps.

Nappa

Jun 3, 2016
If there's no damage to the inner wings and chassis leg's you could repair at a reasonable cost. I would advice to check for damage to the inner wings and chassis leg's if OK should just be the case of bolting on parts. Key here is to source you part's secondhand in good condition and the same colour as your own , this way you will save a fortune on spraying your parts, also check front panel and all rads.. Good luck hope this helps.

Thanks Marty. That's the plan I've got hold of a bonnet and bumper all correct colour and mint condition for £230 just need a wing panel and headlight now. My mates had a quick look and he says it's just cosmetic damage so did the repairers that my car got sent to via the insurers.

Anyone point me in the direction to find a front wing panel colour code LC9Z aka black? Any good salvage sites etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
Thanks Marty. That's the plan I've got hold of a bonnet and bumper all correct colour and mint condition for £230 just need a wing panel and headlight now. My mates had a quick look and he says it's just cosmetic damage so did the repairers that my car got sent to via the insurers.

Anyone point me in the direction to find a front wing panel colour code LC9Z aka black? Any good salvage sites etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i recently picked one up off ebay for £50 :thumbup:

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
I may have a headlight for sale but can't remember if it's drivers or passengers. Will check tonight if you want?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Nappa

Jun 3, 2016
I may have a headlight for sale but can't remember if it's drivers or passengers. Will check tonight if you want?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
Bought a headlight yesterday for £50. So for parts second hand all in its cost £380

Nappa

Jun 3, 2016
May need a crash bar replacement too

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk