My rolling road results

Deleted member 13653

i want my money back if it is! - must get mine done to see what its at now

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Sorry to disappoint you but it IS standard - ask any of the Awesome folk about it.

:p

Already had all this out with the clown that runs t'other website just after the RR day in question so not going to do it again....

[B)]

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
For the unbelievers it has been on Awesome's RR again since then - last Xmas:

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/graph/rr.xmas_28.12.06/roughneen1.jpg

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/graph/rr.xmas_28.12.06/roughneen2.jpg

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/movies/rr.xmas_28.12.06/roughneen.wmv

Car was bought from David Cook Motors in Oldham in August 2005 and the only work it has had done since then was the first service at Awesome in April 2006 & the second service at IMG in March this year - so if it has been chipped then SEAT must be doling them out for free...

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Impressive figures showing but the debate rages on as to whether to take results at awesome seriously or not.

A google search on FWD losses will tell you, you should have around 15-18% losses. Yours 'should' be over 200bhp with a genuine 175whp. Probably more like 210bhp @ fly.

I suppose the only real way to find out what your car is doing is to take it to another rolling road for comparisons. If its the same 175whp then you obviously got a special from the factory:)

I know many people, a few on here actually that have vouched never to run their cars on dynojet again.

My own car loses 2.5% through transmission according to dynojet:blink:

But this argument has been going on for a while across many car forums, so lets not raise it again. It just ends in:cry:

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Too true, what caused all that hassle was that the car of the 'clown in question' was putting down less power than my standard car was (even with all the cash he had splashed on it), he didn't like it and proceeded to slag Awesome off no end.

At the same RR day a standard LCR put down around 205 atw & a pretty-standard fabia VRS put down 133 atw so if it was reading 'off' for mine it must have had everyone's 'off' too....

Besides, I remember being told that TDI's are always more powerful than the manufacturer lets on!

;)

TonyK

Vodka?
Jul 16, 2006
Northampton
I'll stick anything I get on Tuesday on here for comparison as it's being rolling roaded before the remap and afterwards. According to VAGCOM I've got 271 lb/ft of torque and it's standard, I'm looking forward to Tuesday to see if that's true.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
I'll stick anything I get on Tuesday on here for comparison as it's being rolling roaded before the remap and afterwards. According to VAGCOM I've got 271 lb/ft of torque and it's standard, I'm looking forward to Tuesday to see if that's true.

Standard and 271 lb/ft eh?

:clap:

Not a million miles from the 273 lb/ft on my sig is it?

:D