Foto1448.jpg

Foto1453.jpg

Foto1458.jpg

Foto1462.jpg

Foto1463.jpg

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
TJBeezer, where in the Netherlands are you gonna be(map?)? I rarely go outside the province of Noord-Brabant(bit south of the center), so unless you go there, I don't think you'll see my car. You bringing your Ibiza or going by plane/boat? Might be fun to meet up or something :)

No bonnet as of yet Aaronipswich, sorry.. Just don't think it looks that good on the Ibizas plus it's been done over and over on any car. Think the balance of red and black is pretty much as I wanted it right now.

Plus I want to sort out the rear quarters first, make them red again. Probably do that when summer holidays start. Just need some yellow foglights and I'm sorted for summer meetings... Maybe spraypaint the bumpers or get new pre-facelift ones if I decide not to go to Las Vegas with school :p

TJBeezer

Jun 15, 2010
Near Leeds
No, nothing that silly, it just needs a new exhaust centre before it's MOT, don't have the time this week before i come to the Netherlands.

I'm riding down from Hoek van Holland to Oisterwijk, i think i come through Noord Brabant on the way down.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Lol would be fun actually :p I don't know at what day you're crossing Noord-Brabant, if it's on a workingday I'll probably be at school(which is in Breda) though. Send me something on here when you're stopping by and I'll try to be home and pm you my adress or something :)

TJBeezer

Jun 15, 2010
Near Leeds
It'd be Monday 30th, I don't arrive in Hoek van Holland until 1645 (I think local time) so by the time i get down, it'd definately be evening.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Well I didn't see you anywhere TJ :(

Anyway, slight update on my part...

I'm going to have my steelies banded/widened in a few days :p Going from 6 inch wide to 7 inch wide shiny black steel :)
I think it's gonna be Ace, and it's only going to cost me about 15 bucks per wheel so... Gonna swap my wheels this Saturday to the old 16 inch alloys we had laying around that I posted about before(the ones I could get for free but rejected) so I can drive the car back home, then we're gonna bring my wheels to some guy that widenes them asap and I might be able to pick them up on Tuesday. Gonna try to have them painted all up again so we can swap my widened steel back on on the next Saturday. That should look like total pr0n...

Also wanted to see what those alloys are gonna look like on the Ibiza so yeah. Shame there's one bad tire on them cause now I have to rely on my dad's car to bring and retrieve the steelies to and from the guy that widenes them.(Since I don't feel comfortable to drive that far with a nearly smooth tire, plus the 16 inch wheels will probably rub on full lock which I don't really like either).

So yeah, I'll post pics during the process :)

TJBeezer

Jun 15, 2010
Near Leeds
Sounds good, can't wait to see the pictures. Mine's gonna be getting sold soon, I need something more reliable and efficient :(

Sorry I didn't get to se you while I was over, I'll be over again as I have family over there, but t probably won't be on the bike.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Aw man... What you mean reliable! I just talked to someone a few days ago that had a Cordoba that had done 245000 miles, owned from new and it was his first car, never had a big thing to repair really... And no, that was not a diesel but it did run on both regular gas and the LPG stuff(the gas stuff, not like a liquid but a gas... Don't know what it's called in English but it's very cheap).

You're right about the efficiency though, mine isn't what you call a fuel saver.. Then again, could be my driving style :p

So what you taking to the Netherlands next time? Or do you mean you're coming here by plane/boat or something?

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Just been looking through your thread, I must admit your car looks fairly tidy underneath:D So when are these extra wide wheels getting done? That'l be interesting to see what they turn out like.:)

Kgroot.nl

Jan 16, 2011
Another Dutchy over here :p
Looks good mate!
I recently be in your area.
My Girlfriend lives in Oosterhout :p

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
KGroot! I remember you from another forum. Aren't you on seat-online/seat-club.nl or team-ibiza or something? Nice, I'll keep my eyes out if I see your Ibiza :)

@Seatmann: Thanks a lot... Yeah it was nearly completely rustfree, except for some rust under the passenger seat, wasn't rusted through though. I should be swapping for old alloys tomorrow, then taking the tires off the steelies as well and then my steelies should be getting done sometime next week, I think my dad and I should be taking my wheels off to the "widener" next Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to try to rattlecan-paint my steelies as soon as I get em back. Should be back on the car by Saturday or the Saturday after...

Just argueing with myself how I shall paint them though. I'm thinking about high-gloss black steel with high-gloss white for the centercaps, and very very maybe some red on the edge of the lip?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members